Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

2 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

I’d argue every transfer is a risk tbf

Which is true but Tierney’s injury record doesn’t fill me with much confidence 

In any case were we not strongly linked with Bakker a while back?

2 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

I’d argue every transfer is a risk tbf

One who's crocked lots would be more a risk than one that has history of not being crocked at the time though. Ability to stay fit and not forever be injured has to be a part of the equation for signing players.

4 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

So you’re telling me he’s been fit for a year and injuries might be behind him? 

Sign him up

Two knee injuries in 20/21, followed by surgery in 21/22 so maybe that's fixed the issue. Looks like the worst injury was his shoulder a few years ago, no reoccurrence of it. Hopefully he's over his problems.

This is what I mean, our doctors will be fully aware of his injury issues and therefore the risks.

I'm fairly sure Shaw (for comparison) had injury issues when younger and he's shrugged them off too.

Apparently Tierney is a mentality monster too, so it would be like signing a young Trippier.

Tierney just seems like a particularly lazy link, tbf. I'd certainly hope we've scouted potential left back upgrades/alternatives extensively. 

Arsenal being seemingly desperate to get rid, coupled with his injury history should be massive red flags. If we're balancing risk/reward I'd rather take a punt on some up-and-coming prospect rather than a HG crock who kNoWs dA lEaGuE. 

Edit: obviously if he did sign I'd be fully behind him. I'm just really, really sick of seeing crocks at this club. Feels like we've had a disproportionate amount compared to other clubs :lol:

Edited by Elric

7 minutes ago, Elric said:

Tierney just seems like a particularly lazy link, tbf. I'd certainly hope we've scouted potential left back upgrades/alternatives extensively. 

Arsenal being seemingly desperate to get rid, coupled with his injury history should be massive red flags. If we're balancing risk/reward I'd rather take a punt on some up-and-coming prospect rather than a HG crock who kNoWs dA lEaGuE. 

It's not a case of "knowing the league", it's case of being one of the best in DA league.[emoji38]

The opposing arguement would be to avoid signing someone who has excelled in the German league or wherever because how can we be certain of their true level.

Ultimately, as you say, trust our scouts and understand the risk/reward.

I think the context of the time missed is important, if you land awkwardly and dislocate your shoulder which needs an operation it is one of those things.

We have seen with Trippier and Isak in the last 18 months that freak injuries happen.

The problem with Tierney is that he has had 2 of these in the last 4 years as well as a few other niggles.

7 minutes ago, STM said:

Just to get an idea of the person.

Well his personality will fit right in. Seems a very likeable down to earth lad. I'm comfortable recruiting him, on a side note the Arsenal canteen looks nothing special. 

Suspect LB is not the priority, midfield is, so the approach will be to get the midfielder deal(s) done and then have a look at what budget is left before making any LB moves

Might be wrong, but at LB there’s no rush

2 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

Suspect LB is not the priority, midfield is, so the approach will be to get the midfielder deal(s) done and then have a look at what budget is left before making any LB moves

Disagree there - not only do we have CL next season to prepare for but also teams that sit back and a traditional LB who can help out in stack will also help that.

25 minutes ago, Elric said:

Edit: obviously if he did sign I'd be fully behind him. I'm just really, really sick of seeing crocks at this club. Feels like we've had a disproportionate amount compared to other clubs :lol:

Who said arsenal are desperate to get rid? 

4 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

Disagree tbh. It’s one of the areas of our first xi that most needs an upgrade. Burn’s been great for the most part but a fully fit Tierney potentially gives us so much more. Great character by all accounts too.

2 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Someone who averages 16 games a season injured is a bigger risk.

That's quite misleading if someone has had a reoccurring knee injury though?

It would be like counting Shearers two seasons out against him or even Fat Ronaldo.

Shouldn't his injury record be left to experts? More specifically, is the chance or reoccurrence likely? 

If it was persistent hamstrings etc, I think that's possible a different matter.

3 minutes ago, STM said:

It would be like counting Shearers two seasons out against him or even Fat Ronaldo.

Shouldn't his injury record be left to experts? More specifically, is the chance or reoccurrence likely? 

If it was persistent hamstrings etc, I think that's possible a different matter.

Yep, it’s for medical experts to take a look at and make an assessment. If they think he can be kept fit then it’s a no brainer if he’s available, he’s as guaranteed to be successful as you’re going to get.

4 minutes ago, STM said:

I’ll trust the experts but arsenal left it to their experts after his bad Celtic record, signed him and it averages out the same.

Comes down to the old definition of insanity at some point.

6 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Who said arsenal are desperate to get rid? 

I don't think anyone said desperate.

Just that London journos were pushing the story, and then I mentioned they were keen to use the money to bring in Rice as I'd read that in the paper this morning.

Plus, he's lost his place to Zinchenko last season, so seems an obvious one for them to move on.

4 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

Arsenal were put on UEFAs watch list last summer over FFP so they will likely have to sell to help balance the books if they want to sign Rice and Caicedo.

https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/news/arsenal-financial-fair-play-warning-24919681?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

What does watch list mean? Were they not watching them before? 

1 hour ago, McCormick said:

Might just be my lack of knowledge on left-backs but- injury history aside- I can’t think of a better (realistic) option for us than Tierney. If it’s 30m or less then it’d be a great deal imo.

The Loaded channel lads on youtube are doing a series of videos comparing left backs, and they threw in some Croatian lad called Borna Sosa who plays for Stuttgart and has insane attacking credentials. Maybe he's an option.

Not sure I would take them seriously now mind, they seem to think Arsenal will be looking for £40-50m for Tierney, don't know where they pulled that figure from, sounds totally unrealistic.