Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Looking at the moves Liverpool and Chelsea are making I really hope we get a bit of a “statement” signing in soon (not particularly high money but I didn’t think he’d go to Newcastle signing).

We’ve a huge season coming up if we’re to push on. It’ll be so easy for other clubs to sell their failings as a blip with a promise of Champions League, bigger club, nicer place.

We need to go all out and nail some signings.

2 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Looking at the moves Liverpool and Chelsea are making I really hope we get a bit of a “statement” signing in soon (not particularly high money but I didn’t think he’d go to Newcastle signing).

We’ve a huge season coming up if we’re to push on. It’ll be so easy for other clubs to sell their failings as a blip with a promise of Champions League, bigger club, nicer place.

II think that people (those that for some odd reason did not already know) are now learning that our great City of Newcastle is an elegant and beautiful Regional Capital City.

A real "destination"  place, a City you want to live in.

It is a transfer card that I am sure that Amanda and co will always have played and always will play and so any of these (mentioned) "blip clubs" will be playing into our hands if they try that. 

25 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Bit early to be saying we need a signing soon isn’t it ? We only finished the season a week ago.

6 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Bit early to be saying we need a signing soon isn’t it ? We only finished the season a week ago.

😂 Exactly. People need to chill, have faith, they’ve done pretty well so far haven’t they. Just think back to the windows under Ashley, that should brighten moods. 

24 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

😂 Exactly. People need to chill, have faith, they’ve done pretty well so far haven’t they. Just think back to the windows under Ashley, that should brighten moods. 

Think it’s the come down of this new found drug we’re all hooked on. Need a fix constantly. More addictive than crack cocaine! [emoji38]

Think we’ll take our time with major signings which will be frustrating as we’d all love an early signing. Think we have a list of players in mind for the positions we want with the right characteristics /attributes and will wait for the right deal. Don’t think we’re fixated on a particular player where we’d go all out to get them, as long as some one on our list is available for the right deal we’ll get them but that depends on others clubs making moves. As options reduce for players then the right deal may become possible.

I did say hope and not need. An early signing would certainly help smooth the potential signing of a player with doubts. If I were Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs, I’d try and go in early and pretty hard. Not sure Spurs can do that mind. 

It’s going to be an interesting summer.

Chelsea are particularly aggressive in the transfer market but all that has meant is that they have overpaid in most cases in terms of transfer fees and salaries to cut down on the negotiation time.

That isn’t our style and I don’t think it’s Liverpools either.

13 hours ago, KaKa said:

Like I said, incredibly childish.

You’re such an arrogant arsehole at times like :lol: 

Nobody in their right mind believes we’re signing Messi, but to call people on a forum childish for making a few comments about signing football’s greatest ever player…2 years ago we had Bruce with Jeff Hendrick in the middle. To even have Messi’s name mentioned in the same sentence as Newcastle is mental enough, despite quite clearly being bullshit. Let people just enjoy it man. Not everything has to be so serious all the time. 

Your posts are constantly littered with patronising comments as well. Really do think you’re the fountain of footballing knowledge. Maybe you should start a YouTube channel?

Imagine what it would do to the profile of our club if we did sign Messi btw. And for a player who's "past it" he had a very good season last year and won the world cup 8 months ago...