Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

9 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

His release clause is steep though, especially if they are unwilling to negotiate 

I have a feeling it might play out a bit like the Isak deal, when we first approached Sociedad they wanted the release fee so we walked away. Once it became clear that their position had softened, we got the deal done quickly. 

2 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

I have a feeling it might play out a bit like the Isak deal, when we first approached Sociedad they wanted the release fee so we walked away. Once it became clear that their position had softened, we got the deal done quickly. 

Possibly, I think generally RBL tend to get the prices they demand though. 

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Possibly, I think generally RBL tend to get the prices they demand though. 

They’re also extremely vocal and leaky in their transfer dealings so if it happens quietly it’ll be us paying the release clause straight out there.

10 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Let’s not go two-footed in on Kaka like, he has a lot of good takes and is overall a positive lad

In fairness it’s often him who goes over the top with others for daring to have a different view.

I do generally enjoy his posts though and have no issue with him 

1 hour ago, Chicken Dancer said:

You’re such an arrogant arsehole at times like :lol: 

Nobody in their right mind believes we’re signing Messi, but to call people on a forum childish for making a few comments about signing football’s greatest ever player…2 years ago we had Bruce with Jeff Hendrick in the middle. To even have Messi’s name mentioned in the same sentence as Newcastle is mental enough, despite quite clearly being bullshit. Let people just enjoy it man. Not everything has to be so serious all the time. 

Your posts are constantly littered with patronising comments as well. Really do think you’re the fountain of footballing knowledge. Maybe you should start a YouTube channel?

It's really hard to believe what some of you come up with at times.

You only claim I'm arrogant because you can't handle anyone disagreeing with you or finding a take of yours to be a bit silly. That's your issue. That's your ego.

When I was sticking up for Joelinton back in the day I got endless shit for it. But that was all fine yeah? You guys weren't being patronising or arrogant at all then we're you.

More recently because I commented on how McTominay might fit into Howe's system and how it would make sense why he would go after him, again endless shit about it all the time. But I suppose that wasn't you lot being patronising or arrogant.

Please just spare me the whining man. Yes, I think wanting to sign Messi at this stage of his career is extremely short sighted and is a childish/immature view just because as many of you stated, you just want to be able to say you saw him in the Newcastle shirt.

In the grand scheme of things that's just my opinion though, so get over it, and stop with the crying man. You lot have a grand old time when your dishing out cheeky digs, but don't seem to be able to handle it when it's the other way. It's pretty pathetic.

Can I suggest either take the squabbles to pms or just ignore each other lads? Absolutely no need for any Newcastle fans to fall out after the season we've just had. Just nip it in the bud before it gets silly please, yeah? 

Just now, midds said:

Can I suggest either take the squabbles to pms or just ignore each other lads? Absolutely no need for any Newcastle fans to fall out after the season we've just had. Just nip it in the bud before it gets silly please, yeah? 

I'm done with it man. I was done with it yesterday. It really was never any kind of argument really.

Just wish folks would stop acting as if anything I've done/said is different from what they have done/said in the past. It's ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Nucasol said:

They’re also extremely vocal and leaky in their transfer dealings so if it happens quietly it’ll be us paying the release clause straight out there.

I read that the entire RB model relies on the player trading and (yes big fees) they have to be simple to deal with on both ends to make sure the model works. 

Re: Szo, he’s such an elegant and technical player. Looks pacy, direct, very creative and his confidence is second to none. He’s my #1 choice for a RW / AM option tbh. Give him the ability to link with Trippier and Bruno. Ooof. Too clean. 

He honestly seems good enough to play as an attacking 8 as well as 10 and on both flanks. 

Edited by Kanji

Lads, to be honest I haven’t enjoyed coming into this thread the past couple of days because it has been completely hijacked by a “silly” squable and the inability of anyone to draw a line under it.

please, for the sake of the thread continuing to be readable, be generous and call it a day…

1 minute ago, buzza said:

Yep, dom soz looks a real   Future star. Already captain of Hungary so his attitude must be spot on.

I would actually prefer him to Maddison tbf

Mate, I was not that way until yesterday. There’s just something about the way he glides about the pitch. And that’s no slight on Maddison who I’d be over the moon if we sign.  (Fucking sign both!)

Say we sign Big Dom - do people think his main role will be as a wide forward? A bit like a Big Joe - meaning we will most likely sign 2 more mids (Veiga plus 1) and possibly a 3 positional forward which I am assuming J Pedro would have been 

31 minutes ago, KaKa said:

It's really hard to believe what some of you come up with at times.

You only claim I'm arrogant because you can't handle anyone disagreeing with you or finding a take of yours to be a bit silly. That's your issue. That's your ego.

When I was sticking up for Joelinton back in the day I got endless shit for it. But that was all fine yeah? You guys weren't being patronising or arrogant at all then we're you.

More recently because I commented on how McTominay might fit into Howe's system and how it would make sense why he would go after him, again endless shit about it all the time. But I suppose that wasn't you lot being patronising or arrogant.

Please just spare me the whining man. Yes, I think wanting to sign Messi at this stage of his career is extremely short sighted and is a childish/immature view just because as many of you stated, you just want to be able to say you saw him in the Newcastle shirt.

In the grand scheme of things that's just my opinion though, so get over it, and stop with the crying man. You lot have a grand old time when your dishing out cheeky digs, but don't seem to be able to handle it when it's the other way. It's pretty pathetic.

31 minutes ago, KaKa said:

XAOB.gif

7 minutes ago, Mikky said:

Say we sign Big Dom - do people think his main role will be as a wide forward? A bit like a Big Joe - meaning we will most likely sign 2 more mids (Veiga plus 1) and possibly a 3 positional forward which I am assuming J Pedro would have been 

I assumed he would be primarily the right-sided #8 with the option of playing on the right side of the front three if needed. So it'd be him, a more defensive CM and a flexible forward to cover across the front three.

2 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

I assumed he would be primarily the right-sided #8 with the option of playing on the right side of the front three if needed. So it'd be him, a more defensive CM and a flexible forward to cover across the front three.

The fact we’ve been strongly linked with Veiga suggests to me we will sign a DM too - were linked with Pablo Maia last week 

Edited by Mikky

44 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Mate, I was not that way until yesterday. There’s just something about the way he glides about the pitch. And that’s no slight on Maddison who I’d be over the moon if we sign.  (Fucking sign both!)

He’s really good. Said this before but he’s the cleanest striker of a ball in world football imo. Insane talent. Either him or a more proven talent in Maddison and we’re laughing.