Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

9 minutes ago, aussiemag said:

Would anyone take Jao Félix? I think Eddie could turn him from a decent player to world class. Could also help unlock those low block defences. 

Saw a report saying he was on 110k a week which was a lot lower than I was expecting. If true, I’d definitely be on board with him coming in on a loan with option deal.

Just now, r0cafella said:

I’m not sure, especially if they need a striker and they view mount as a priority. 

Most journalists are reporting it’s pretty much done for him to go there. Also can’t see us spending 40+ million on a CB 

4 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Only issue I’d have is, where would we play him? 

I don't know tonnes about JF but he's always seemed like a player who is just "played" rather than had someone coach him into a specific position.

It's like having a really powerful gun but it's pointing in the wrong direction. My thought is that he would probably do well in Miggys position, picking up the half spaces on the inside.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Most journalists are reporting it’s pretty much done for him to go there. Also can’t see us spending 40+ million on a CB 

Yeah, big ask for us given the areas we need to address this summer. 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Spanish press reporting Havertz is on the verge of Chelsea move, may well speed up their interest in Maddison/Szoboszlai if they are genuinely interested.

Madrid are mental :lol:

imagine Havertz being the answer to your problems. 

6 minutes ago, STM said:

I don't know tonnes about JF but he's always seemed like a player who is just "played" rather than had someone coach him into a specific position.

It's like having a really powerful gun but it's pointing in the wrong direction. My thought is that he would probably do well in Miggys position, picking up the half spaces on the inside.

Could do but shoe-horning him onto the right when he’s clearly a second striker or a 10 at the expense of a more suitable player (like Madison or DS) doesn’t seem to be in line with the very methodical way in which we plan transfers nowadays. Getting a player just because he’s good and we can, without a plan to play him in his favoured position feels very Chelsea.

1 hour ago, LiquidAK said:

Seems we're content with Bruno sitting deep in midfield if we're after a more creative midfielder like Maddison or this Hungarian lad (not that I know anything about the latter). Would hope we get in a DM as well, either to release Bruno further up at times or just to cover him really - even a youngster to be his understudy. Longstaff can do that but it's not where he excels. 

2 midfielders has been mentioned everywhere. AM and DM/CM.

30 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Madrid are mental :lol:

imagine Havertz being the answer to your problems. 

They have released Mariano so I am assuming they need a back up forward plus a Benzema replacement 

2 hours ago, duo said:

If FFP is a real thing then Chelsea shouldn't have a penny to spend this Summer with no CL football.

All they have to do is sell 1-2 home grown players for £80m to balance the books for this years FFP 

11 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

Surely they’re still in danger of breaching the three year limit on losses too

No because unlike the amortisation over the length of the contract when buying players, selling a homegrown player comes off in full in that years accounts, I’m not sure how true it is, but I read that they are only in trouble with FFP if they don’t sell the required homegrown players by June 30th 

Edited by nufcnick

When you look at the Chelsea situation, it really does rub our's and the rest of the 14's noses in a big pile of shit. A complete and utter rigged game. Man U will spend vast amounts...again, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal will all out spend us I think. The one I find most aggraivating is Chelsea as they've benefited from some of the dirtiest money going and basically gotten away with it scott free with multiple PL titles and 2 CLs.

Edited by Schecter

Does anyone ever look at twitter and the likes and think how mental it is seeing people losing their heads over transfers of footballers every other minute of the day. Cant be healthy people living their lives like that

5 minutes ago, jack j said:

Does anyone ever look at twitter and the likes and think how mental it is seeing people losing their heads over transfers of footballers every other minute of the day. Cant be healthy people living their lives like that

Tell me about it :lol: