Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

9 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

I’d prefer we didn’t sign up, especially with some Saudi loan loophole, solely because I’m very much enjoying this slow(er) build where people are forced to give credit to the manager and players. Signing Messi would just be wall to wall “buying the league” type of nonsense.

And to be clear seeing Messi in a Newcastle shirt would be unreal. It’s hard to even imagine and this is not even about him.

I’m honestly glad FFP exists despite how rigged it is. I’m kind of happy we can’t just go spend Saudi billions on Bellingham, Vini Jr, Rice, and Osimhen in one window even though we’d be awesome. I find what’s happening right now far more enjoyable.

6 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Man, folks were not joking at all.

If someone says they don't care if he only scores one goal, because they get to see Messi, I think that is childish and kinda cringey.

It's hardly some big insult man. I wish you guys would stop acting as though I cursed folks out or insulted their parents.

I think that post was partly tongue in cheek but you knew that. 

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

You could just try not being constantly belligerent in any way, whether it's insulting mothers or calling people childish. Just don't bother at all.

Constantly belligerent ...

You really think when I post on here I am constantly belligerent.

Hmmm ... okay.

Just now, timeEd32 said:
10 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

I’d prefer we didn’t sign up, especially with some Saudi loan loophole, solely because I’m very much enjoying this slow(er) build where people are forced to give credit to the manager and players. Signing Messi would just be wall to wall “buying the league” type of nonsense.

And to be clear seeing Messi in a Newcastle shirt would be unreal. It’s hard to even imagine and this is not even about him.

I’m honestly glad FFP exists despite how rigged it is. I’m kind of happy we can’t just go spend Saudi billions on Bellingham, Vini Jr, Rice, and Osimhen in one window even though we’d be awesome. I find what’s happening right now far more enjoyable

Couldn't agree more. If we got bought by Saudi Arabia and Saudi Arabia bought all of those players and put them in Newcastle shirts, then - in my mind - Saudi Arabia wins the trophies. We're just the proxy. I apply the same sort of logic to just signing Messi as well, really. If he turned out for us and suddenly we win the FA Cup, it'll be his triumph, really.  

Man Utd used to have the odd veteran signing under SAF. Sheringham or Larsson, even Ibra later on. I'd be fine with Messi on that basis but not if it nukes the long term plan/project or whatever.

1 minute ago, elbee909 said:

Man Utd used to have the odd veteran signing under SAF. Sheringham or Larsson, even Ibra later on. I'd be fine with Messi on that basis but not if it nukes the long term plan/project or whatever.

Don't forget Andy Goram.

Guest reefatoon

Just got in and was all excited to see loads of pages in this thread to read……….

Fucking hell man @KaKa you owe me 10 minutes back on my life. What a lifting read that was. [emoji38]

Edited by reefatoon

3 hours ago, midds said:

Chelsea are at the bottom of a FFP shaped hole, personally feel offering them an £85m ladder for someone like Mason Mount would be probably be one of the worst moves we could make. Same goes for McTominay, let them find other mugs to offload their home grown to.  

Couldn't agree more with this.

Fuck them and their bench-fodder, top-dollar, shite.

36 minutes ago, NE27 said:

This is it.

Mental and fun to think of for 5 mins, but I've no realistic expectation of Messi strolling into little Benton to have a kick about with longstaff and co.

Mainly because he's shit and doesn't have the engine for Eddies mags.

Ace, agreed

10 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Couldn't agree more with this.

Fuck them and their bench-fodder, top-dollar, shite.

I agree, it's tactical at this stage.

Looks like Man Utd are gonna gift Chelsea 70 mil for a fraud (Mount) for them to spend on a better player.

Sums Man Utd up.

The Glazers are so greedy it's gone to what now, a 4th round of bidding to squeeze as much juice as possible. They could run a bulldozer on that orange but there's nothing left, but they'll do it. Pithy (pun intended).

59 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Yeah, I get that.

Unfortunately though, it would tie up a lot of money, and the squad needs a lot of work. 

The reality of his performances at his age especially with how we play wouldn't be too great either I don't think.

The reality is more likely to be injuries and lacklustre performances.

For a team like Man City perhaps it works, but we're not there yet.

As far as money is concerned, Messi would pay for himself 10x over, just by being here. It would lift Newcastle's profile out of the stratosphere, so I can understand why the money men would look at it. He's still a fantastic player btw, just look at what he did at the World Cup if you are in any doubt.

Would he actually want to come here is the first question. Would Howe want him is the other, which might seem like a daft take, but it's not so easy accommodating the world's best player as a squad member. Neither are out of the question tbh.

1 hour ago, reefatoon said:

Just got in and was all excited to see loads of pages in this thread to read……….

Fucking hell man @KaKa you owe me 10 minutes back on my life. What a lifting read that was. [emoji38]

100% this!

Can there be a links/rumours only channel to help keep up with everything and get a bit excited without reading all the nonsense about the McTominey's and Messi's of this world. 

4 hours ago, KaKa said:

Man, folks were not joking at all.

If someone says they don't care if he only scores one goal, because they get to see Messi, I think that is childish and kinda cringey.

It's hardly some big insult man. I wish you guys would stop acting as though I cursed folks out or insulted their parents.

Come on Kaka, we’re ultimately talking about watching a game; an entertainment.  A game invented - in its current code - by Victorian schoolboys if we’re getting exact.  It is by definition a childish pursuit.  It’s meant to be fun - and even if those saying they’d want to see Messi in B&W shirt just once were serious so what?  The joy of the game is the happy moments and memories that stay with you.  Seeing possibly the greatest player ever play for your club would be one of those things - even if he doesn’t press like Almiron …

The childish thing to do IS to treat football so seriously.  I was never more serious about football than when I was a kid.  As an adult I laugh most of this stuff off. 

2 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Come on Kaka, we’re ultimately talking about watching a game; an entertainment.  A game invented - in its current code - by Victorian schoolboys if we’re getting exact.  It is by definition a childish pursuit.  It’s meant to be fun - and even if those saying they’d want to see Messi in B&W shirt just once were serious so what?  The joy of the game is the happy moments and memories that stay with you.  Seeing possibly the greatest player ever play for your club would be one of those things - even if he doesn’t press like Almiron …

The childish thing to do IS to treat football so seriously.  I was never more serious about football than when I was a kid.  As an adult I laugh most of this stuff off. 

I hear you man. It's all good.

It really isn't that serious.

27 minutes ago, Sufi said:

I'm on mushrooms right now. Just want to say I LOVE all of you. 

Listen love – just a little tip alright?  You’re on the edge now and you need to pick the right way.  ‘Cause one way’s heaven and the other … well, probably best not to think about that right now, but it’s fucking horrible, yeah?

super-hans-006.thumb.webp.ad14a69d86efa172e2dd1611bce88a8b.webp