Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Guest reefatoon
10 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Still think we need an out and out DM personally.

We had the meanest defence in the league, don’t think we need a player who’s sole role is to just sit in. Much prefer a midfield three who cover all over the place, doing and sharing the workload. Plus, Bruno has to be the centre point of that three for me. 

2 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

We had the meanest defence in the league, don’t think we need a player who’s sole role is to just sit in. Much prefer a midfield three who cover all over the place, doing and sharing the workload. Plus, Bruno has to be the centre point of that three for me. 

We then didn’t keep a clean sheet for around 17 games ? All our midfielders are attack minded, just think we would benefit from someone more defensive in there. Pretty much every successful club plays with one.

Think it would also help with our lack of pace at the back, and allow us to have a more attacking left back pushing up with tripper pushing up on the right.

Edited by SUPERTOON

4 hours ago, nufcnick said:
6 hours ago, duo said:

If FFP is a real thing then Chelsea shouldn't have a penny to spend this Summer with no CL football.

All they have to do is sell 1-2 home grown players for £80m to balance the books for this years FFP 

I'm hoping everyone takes advantage of Chelsea since they are obviously desperate. Big losses for Pulisic and Havertz on the way.

6 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Absolutely this. 

Guest reefatoon
6 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

We then didn’t keep a clean sheet for around 17 games ? All our midfielders are attack minded, just think we would benefit from someone more defensive in there. Pretty much every successful club plays with one.

We didn’t keep clean sheets, but apart from the Aston Villa game, we weren’t shipping goals in either. Was mainly just the solitary goal.

I’d say we looked pretty successful last year not playing with one. For me it’s just too much of a disciplined/limited roll. Eddie has the players each doing so much more than one solitary focused job. Love watching our midfield all over the place doing what they do, it’s a joy to behold. For me, hopefully we sign more midfielders in that style. Strong, physical, energetic skilful players who can get up and down.

Edited by reefatoon

Just now, reefatoon said:

We didn’t keep clean sheets but apart from the Aston Villa game, we weren’t shipping goals in either. Was mainly just the solitary goal.

Id say we looked pretty successful last year not playing with one. For me it’s just too much of a disciplined/limited roll. Eddie has the players each doing so much more than one solitary focused job. Love watching our midfield all over the place doing what they do, it’s a joy to behold. For me, hopefully we sign more midfielders in that style. Strong, physical, energetic skilful players who can get up and down.

Also taking a player out of the midfield three to “just sit” is taking a player out of our insane press.  

Guest reefatoon
1 minute ago, cubaricho said:

Also taking a player out of the midfield three to “just sit” is taking a player out of our insane press.  

Yep totally agree.

Guest reefatoon
5 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

There's definetly merit in having a number six, most clubs competing for serious honours play with one.

We have been quite unique this season in our style of play, you don’t see many teams playing our way. Wouldn’t surprise me to see other teams jumping on the band wagon and trying it, forfeiting a dedicated holding midfielder.

Edited by reefatoon

We don’t necessarily need an out-and-out destroyer style dm but someone with a bit of strength, physically and who can win the ball back in midfield would really help the balance imo.

In saying that, it’d also be nice to have another player (other than Bruno) with a bit of vision and passing ability. In an ideal world we’d get a player who can do both.

21 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

I'm hoping everyone takes advantage of Chelsea since they are obviously desperate. Big losses for Pulisic and Havertz on the way.

Pulisic... not only is he injury prone but he seems to have gotten shit too unfortunately, see pic.

Havertz could definintely be rehabilitated and "Howed" into something special, he's been mismanaged for a while and he's still young.

Untitledqwrwrqwqrqwrqwrttt.jpg

1 hour ago, midds said:

Honest question - who is making all of these signings for Chelsea? What's the procedure for targeting/scouting/negotiating all of these players every window? How much input does the boss actually have and is Poch calling the shots as he's rebuilding 'his' squad? It's about as disorganised and random as you can get, there's no pattern whatsoever, it's like a 9 year old playing monopoly for the first time, just buying fucking everything they land on. It's embarrassing in it's lack of thought and strategy. 

It doesn't seem to matter though does it? The game is rigged in their favour, if they failed to spend their way to success in the last couple of seasons, they can just keep hoovering up the best players and trust it will stick. Not sure it works like that in reality though, a club needs to have an identity, and I'm fucked if I know what Chelsea's is.

20 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

We didn’t keep clean sheets, but apart from the Aston Villa game, we weren’t shipping goals in either. Was mainly just the solitary goal.

I’d say we looked pretty successful last year not playing with one. For me it’s just too much of a disciplined/limited roll. Eddie has the players each doing so much more than one solitary focused job. Love watching our midfield all over the place doing what they do, it’s a joy to behold. For me, hopefully we sign more midfielders in that style. Strong, physical, energetic skilful players who can get up and down.

19 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

We don’t play a high press anymore.  We stopped that when we went on that dry patch at the start of the year.  After which our defence started to look very exposed and started making schoolboy errors in pretty much every game, leading to conceding daft goals like clockwork.  We went from the best defence in the league to an average one.

It seems patently obvious to me that if we continue playing the more positive style of the second half of last season (which was more fun to watch) then a genuine defensive midfielder would be a positive.  

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

We don’t play a high press anymore.  We stopped that when we went on that dry patch at the start of the year.  After which our defence started to look very exposed and started making schoolboy errors in pretty much every game, leading to conceding daft goals like clockwork.  We went from the best defence in the league to an average one.

It seems patently obvious to me that if we continue playing the more positive style of the second half of last season (which was more fun to watch) then a genuine defensive midfielder would be a positive.  

We definetly do.

3 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

We don’t play a high press anymore.

I’m going to have to disagree with that. That’s all the pundits talk about when talking about us and it’s clear as day to me. We’re all over teams. Like Tottenham and Arsenal near the end of the season. They had no idea what was happening and were wholly unprepared for our high press.