Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Guest neesy111

Extra time scrapped from league cup games, ABBA pens system ditched as well.

Think it's wrong to ditch the pens system, think it works well.

Although I laughed at him when present for the worst miss I’d ever seen (playing for Villa reserves) I can’t help but like this bloke and he’s done well for himself. Could do with a few more like him in the game TBH.

Guest Howaythetoon

Maybe it’s just me, but he seems to be trying too hard and looks like he’s setting himself up as the next Jimmy Bullard for when his career is over as the zanny, ex footballer lad with bantz. I find Shearer and Ian Wright for example much funnier as they seem less contrived even when they are doing it for a promotion or whatever.

Maybe it’s just me, but he seems to be trying too hard and looks like he’s setting himself up as the next Jimmy Bullard for when his career is over as the zanny, ex footballer lad with bantz. I find Shearer and Ian Wright for example much funnier as they seem less contrived even when they are doing it for a promotion or whatever.

You're just jealous he can type your posts quicker than you  ;)

Extra time scrapped from league cup games, ABBA pens system ditched as well.

Think it's wrong to ditch the pens system, think it works well.

Just read about this. Have no idea why they are scrapping the ABBA system. Can understand the other changes but this bit is weird.

Sir Kenny Dalglish

Why isn't KK a knight ? Should have gotten it before Dalglish imo, twice European footballer of the year, England Captain and Manager and of course the work he did with us.

Sir Kenny Dalglish

Why isn't KK a knight ? Should have gotten it before Dalglish imo, twice European footballer of the year, England Captain and Manager and of course the work he did with us.

Tbh what Kenny has done for charity and other causes has been immense; thoroughly deserves this

Sir Kenny Dalglish

Tbh what Kenny has done for charity and other causes has been immense; thoroughly deserves this

KK doesn't ? Not begrudging Dalglish either it's long overdue but KK should have gotten one by now, Sir Trevor Fucking Brooking ffs :)

Guest chopey

Sir Kenny Dalglish

KK doesn't ? Not begrudging Dalglish either it's long overdue but KK should have gotten one by now, Sir Trevor Fucking Brooking ffs :)

The bloke that totally fucked up network rail and the woman that sold the post office probably took KK's title.

Guest Howaythetoon

I’m not one for knighthoods, but if they are being dished out, he’s more worthy than most. While his time here proved to be a very bad spell, not the disaster some would have you believe by the way as there were lots of mitigating factors, he’s obviously a great man and been a great servent to the game as a player and manager for his various clubs as a player and manager.

Speaking of his time here, he did buy lots of duds, but in Shay, Dabizas, Nobby and Speed he gave us 4 top players for us who were the fulcrum of our side for a few years when we were very good.

If only we could have got Sir Bobby after KK, in some ways we had a better team than Barcelona had prior to his arrival there and although he had lots of flak there, he did win 3 trophies and their football was at times just like ours, attacking, lots of goals and designed to get the best out of the flair players.

I’m of the opinion we would have won something had Bobby took over KK’s team because he would have allowed all that attacking flair to remain, but probably made us more tactical during matches. I’m not saying Bobby was a tactical genius, but he could set a team up to play more than one way which KK couldn’t or rather refused to/didn’t believe in.

Just look at what Bobby did with Gullit’s side with the addition of just two players in Robert and Bellamy and how he allowed the likes of Dyer and Nobby freedom away from defensive duties while instilling in them the kind of work rate that actually turned them into team players who would chase back and get stuck in.

On paper Dalglish made sense, but if you understood football and the mechanism of our club back then (PLC)  and the chaging landscape of the PL then with the arrival of Wenger, it was only ever going to end badly as it proved.

From everything I’ve read and heard of that era especially from past players, Dalglish wasn’t here to finish the job KK started, but to consolidate which came from the top who realised we didn’t need to break transfer records and aim for the top to fill the stadium, sells tonnes of shirts and get big TV money, plus it more than satisfied the PLC just being a PL club.

For Dalglish that was OK, with him placing an emphasis on the reserves and youth and maybe a trophy.

Although we got to a Final, it may as well have been the 3rd round that’s how far behind we were and how poor we were in the actual final.

Gullit’s arrival was a reaction to the negative football or perceived dour style of Dalglish and not a genuine attempt to get back to challenging, despite how the board dressed it up.

Bobby was appointed to keep us up and bring the fans back on board being a Geordie. He was that good though he had us finishing 4th and then 3rd (and 5th of course) and the club to their credit tried to keep pace, but I genuinely think the day KK left and the Halls and Shepherds become super rich from the club was the day the dream of winning the title ended.

After finishing 3rd and qualifying for the CL, if that had of been the KK days, we would have went all out, but we ended up with Bowyer on a free and missing out on the CL proper. I imagine Bobby wasn’t happy at that, but kind of accepted it. KK never would have and that’s why he left when he did because he saw what was coming. He did the same years later under Ashley...