Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Anybody else sad enough to go to some of the CONIFA World Cup matches in London over the next couple of weeks?

Why are Yorkshire represented? :lol: The CONIFA member system confuses me, as half the teams are made up of certain groups of people trapped within countries and the other half made up of wannabe nations.

The decision to stage one of football’s biggest events in the city has come under plenty of criticism, with price hikes in Kyiv having seen some hotels charge up to 100 times their standard rates for the weekend of the match.

When asked about the possibility of the Champions League final going global, with cities such as New York and Dubai tipped as potential hosts, UEFA chief Ceferin admitted it was “theoretical possibility” to hold the event outside European borders

“It is too early to say anything about that. I mentioned it as a theoretical possibility. For now it is just that and let’s see what happens in the future,” he said, as qjuoted by Telegraph.

“We have to know that the Champions League is a global competition, watched by I think more people outside of Europe than in Europe altogether. So let’s see. I can’t give you a final answer.”

pls no

Possibly worthy of a thread, but listening to Kieron Dyer on TalkSport talking about how he was sexually abused as a kid. Not sure if this was known already but it’s a pretty disgusting story. And his sister went to prison fairly harshly as well.

Possibly worthy of a thread, but listening to Kieron Dyer on TalkSport talking about how he was sexually abused as a kid. Not sure if this was known already but it’s a pretty disgusting story. And his sister went to prison fairly harshly as well.

True Geordie did a big interview with him, was a cracking watch tbh. Extremely open and honest about everything, not just his childhood. Essentially retracts what he said on Sky Sports about NUFC fan expectations, too.

I don't really understand the criteria there, what are the points?

ELO rankings, as in chess.

You gain points by beating others. The more of an underdog you are, the more you gain but if you were overwhelming favorites you only gain 1.

You also can gain points by drawing against people higher rated than you. If they're rated around the same you get 0 points. And if you draw with someone far below you you can lose points.

And finally you lose points when you lose. If you were an overwhelming favorite you lose way more than if you were an underdog.

At its core the amount won/lost is driven by a formula that someone can arbitrarily adjust - they list their K value here http://clubelo.com/System