Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

13 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

White on white. It's different.

14 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I'm not so sure football authorities should be getting involved in the Ukraine-Russia conflict given they've happily turned a blind eye to:

Saudi bombing Yemen 

The Israeli occupation of Palestine

The use of slaves in Qatar

Etc

They're all horrific, but they're picking and choosing which ones they penalise, ignore or reward.

All horrific situations, but the Ukraine thing is very different. 

This could quite easily escalate into a global ongoing war which will impact on everyone whereas  Saudi/Yemen, Palestine and Qatar issues are relatively locally contained.

Im fully aware those situations  are far more complicated than i've made out, but a full out invasion of another country is far more significant and demands a bigger international response. Football is a minor thing, but its another niggle for the Russian people and along with everything else will make the population stand up to the loons they have in charge. And we thought Boris was bad

Sorry to interrupt the serious chat.

Was just wondering if anyone knows if becoming a member gives you priority access to tickets at the same time as season ticket holders or if season ticket holders get time before members?

Strictly talking home tickets as I know away tickets obviously go to season ticket holders as a first priority but the site isn't clear on home tickets.

A bit embarrassed that I don't know this [emoji38]

Edited by Tiotes Witch Doctor

19 minutes ago, Tiotes Witch Doctor said:

Was just wondering if anyone knows if becoming a member gives you priority access to tickets at the same time as season ticket holders or if season ticket holders get time before members?

Strictly talking home tickets as I know away tickets obviously go to season ticket holders as a first priority but the site isn't clear on home tickets.

Going off .com it's the same...

09.04.2022 tbc Wolves (h)
ST/member: Tue 08.03.2022
Public (online): Tue 15.03.2022
Public (all): Tue 22.03.2022

16.04.2022 tbc Leicester C (h)
ST/member: Mon 14.03.2022
Public (online): Mon 21.03.2022
Public (all): Mon 28.03.2022

5 hours ago, Tiotes Witch Doctor said:

Same time.

Guest HTT II

Seems Abramovic has put Chelsea up for sale, with talk of him wanting 3bn, I’m sure they owe him 1.5bn and made massive losses despite winning the CL. They also need a new stadium. I’m sure as a brand/business it’s worth maybe 1bn at least, but it shows the value/bargain our owners got in NUFC who in a few years time will surely be worth similar as a brand/business.

7 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Seems Abramovic has put Chelsea up for sale, with talk of him wanting 3bn, I’m sure they owe him 1.5bn and made massive losses despite winning the CL. They also need a new stadium. I’m sure as a brand/business it’s worth maybe 1bn at least, but it shows the value/bargain our owners got in NUFC who in a few years time will surely be worth similar as a brand/business.

No-one is going to buy them at that price given the current Russian association. So they're either stuck with no ownership funding, or going to bought by massive chancers Sunderland style. 

Either way it looks like they're going to be reigned back to their natural non-billionaire funded level for a few years. Hopefully (from their perspective) for their sake they've generated enough success to maintain themselves...although i would not be crying myself to sleep if they suddenly didn't have a penny to rub together and went bust.

Anyone else seeing a bit of a narrative change in the media now we're not in the relegation zone. Seems to be more and more chatter about players formerly out of reach becoming more realistic....eg one this morning saying we are ahead of Man Utd for Osihem next season

https://www.football365.com/news/newcastle-go-crazy-beat-man-utd-84m-star

Edited by gjohnson
evidence

If the point of owning Chelsea through an alleged associate of Putin was to sports wash Russia's reputation, then they've royally stuffed it up. And by royally, I mean Prince Andrew style.

The main point being that nobody is going to pay anywhere near that asking price - not if they want to run it as an actual business. That's one of the reasons they are so in debt to him in the first place. 

Chelsea are probably the club I dislike the most in football. Never liked their players, style of football, managers, owner, the area, or their stereotypical fans. I have no sympathy for their situation for those reasons and because whatever happens now, Abramovich's time at Chelsea has been a massive net win for them and their fans have had a mint time with it. 

Having said all that, as a general rule I think it's absolutely shit that any football fans are at the whims of this sort of shit and while we're all enjoying it, we'd be naive in the extreme to think that it won't happen to us. 

1 minute ago, Abacus said:

If the point of owning Chelsea through an alleged associate of Putin was to sports wash Russia's reputation, then they've royally stuffed it up. And by royally, I mean Prince Andrew style.

The main point being that nobody is going to pay anywhere near that asking price - not if they want to run it as an actual business. That's one of the reasons they are so in debt to him in the first place. 

No one will want to purchase knowing they have to pump in millions of their own money just to keep it afloat as Abramovich does each year, despite winning multiple trophies with the associated prize money etc. Plus the stadium needs serious upgrading/enlarging to keep up with their competitors. Heaven help them if they don’t make the CL one year.