Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

3 minutes ago, Manxst said:

No one will want to purchase knowing they have to pump in millions of their own money just to keep it afloat as Abramovich does each year, despite winning multiple trophies with the associated prize money etc. Plus the stadium needs serious upgrading/enlarging to keep up with their competitors. Heaven help them if they don’t make the CL one year. 

That's exactly it - they have been used as a billionaire's toy for so long. We might be about to find out what happens to the question everyone probably wondered about, i.e. what happens when that ends.

Also reckon that, what with the current sanctions, it wouldn't be straightforward buy them and pay Abramovich even if you wanted to. Even though he's not directly under sanctions himself right now, this feels like a panic move thinking it will happen.

15 hours ago, wormy said:

Birmingham
Burnley
Crystal Palace
Derby
Fulham
Middlesbrough
Sheff Utd
Sunderland
Watford
West Brom

I would have had us if Ashley hadn't left. 

19 minutes ago, OCK said:

I would have had us if Ashley hadn't left. 

Yeah I was offended when I read so many replies to that tweet saying us and then remembered what a shell we've been for the last 15 years. Still couldn't bring myself to do it.

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

Chelsea are probably the club I dislike the most in football. Never liked their players, style of football, managers, owner, the area, or their stereotypical fans. I have no sympathy for their situation for those reasons and because whatever happens now, Abramovich's time at Chelsea has been a massive net win for them and their fans have had a mint time with it. 

Having said all that, as a general rule I think it's absolutely shit that any football fans are at the whims of this sort of shit and while we're all enjoying it, we'd be naive in the extreme to think that it won't happen to us. 

Chelsea have been one of the best footballing teams to watch over the last 2 decades. Not sure what issues with style of play you could have at all.

It's depressing thinking how close Ashley came to destroying the club and the fanbase. The crowd was dead, not just attendance wise but noise and interest levels. People were attending just because. 

14 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Chelsea have been one of the best footballing teams to watch over the last 2 decades. Not sure what issues with style of play you could have at all.

Not my type of football at all. I enjoyed that Hiddink half season and a bit of the Ancellotti era, but other than that it wasn't for me. 

15 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Not my type of football at all. I enjoyed that Hiddink half season and a bit of the Ancellotti era, but other than that it wasn't for me. 

Had an excuting 3 months or so with Mourinho then he reverted to type. Probs why he got sacked.

Sky reports Abramovich turned down a bid of £2.5bn earlier this week, as he wants £3bn. Fucking hell. No way are they worth anywhere near that imo, even taking into account his £1.5bn loan. (Unless he’s maybe including his £152m London house in the sale…) 

24 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Sky reports Abramovich turned down a bid of £2.5bn earlier this week, as he wants £3bn. Fucking hell. No way are they worth anywhere near that imo, even taking into account his £1.5bn loan. (Unless he’s maybe including his £152m London house in the sale…) 

You would imagine the Stamford Bridge land is worth an incredible amount. 

Edited by geordie_b

5 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

You would imagine the Stanford Bridge land is worth an incredible amount. 

I don’t think the club own it directly? This suggests not (i think?):

https://footballpredictions.net/blog/do-chelsea-own-stamford-bridge

“However, the main stumbling block for any potential departure from Stamford Bridge for a new ground is the contents of the Chelsea Pitch Owners’ remit. As part of their freehold of the stadium, they also own the rights to the name “Chelsea Football Club”. 

In practice, this means that Chelsea would have to change their name if they were to permanently move away from The Bridge. In a bid to overcome this, the club made an attempt to take back control of the freehold from the Chelsea Pitch Owners in 2011 but the sale of the land was rejected by the group’s shareholders.”

Edited by Manxst

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

Strange. They were great to watch under Jose 1st time round and Conte along with Carlo and Gus. So obviously not enjoying watching us ? Who floats your boat out of interest?

14 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Strange. They were great to watch under Jose 1st time round and Conte along with Carlo and Gus. So obviously not enjoying watching us ? Who floats your boat out of interest?

Should have added the Robben and Duff year of Mourinho as well tbf, but after that not so much. 

Some of the teams I've loved watching would be us under Keegan, invincibles era Arsenal, '08-'15 Barca, Rooney/Tevez/Ronaldo era Man United, Dortmund and Liverpool under Klopp. Anything fast and skillful really.