Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

2 minutes ago, Bompeter said:

No point gloating. Similar situation could easily engulf us at some point. 

No point celebrating a win, we might lose next week.

I couldn't give a rat's about RA selling up. He will only be replaced by the next dubious billionaire more than likely.

36 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Gasping for their bubble to burst, like.

If i'm reading that correctly, he's wiping off the 1.5 billy the club owes him?

Edited by Pixelphish

Guest HTT II
50 minutes ago, Pixelphish said:

If i'm reading that correctly, he's wiping off the 1.5 billy the club owes him?

He’ll manage and be alright, it was the Russian peoples money anyway…

Edited by HTT II

Guest HTT II

In his defence, if I should even say that, he’s been a great owner and I’ve always said it’s not the likes of him, City owners or our own hopefully that are bad for the game, but the likes of Ashley, the Venky’s, the mob at Sunderland et al. Chelsea would be QPR today without Abramovic.

He’s obviously been pushed and regardless of if he’s going to cash in whilst he can, he knows sooner or later his hands are going to be tied and that he won’t be able to spend money.

I’m guessing he’s also hoping that by doing this and using the words he has said, that he’ll walk away from any asset holding that may come his way.

He’s not asking for any loan money back, he does mention net profit will go to this charity. Follow the money, every aspect of the proceeds needs to be scrutinised. He’s getting out while he can in the hope he can take as much money as possible.

He’s been a great owner for Chelsea but I guess like our main owner now, he’s a proper wrong ‘un.

Already seen one Chelsea fan feeling sorry that this didn’t happen a few months ago as they’d be perfect for PIF…..

3 hours ago, nbthree3 said:

Chelsea fans quite unanimous in wanting a Saudi prince to get them... figure most teams would want them if it's their club they'd invest in 

Don’t think there are enough women in London for Kraft to molest.  He wouldn’t be interested.

13 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

He’s not asking for any loan money back, he does mention net profit will go to this charity. Follow the money, every aspect of the proceeds needs to be scrutinised. He’s getting out while he can in the hope he can take as much money as possible.

He’s been a great owner for Chelsea but I guess like our main owner now, he’s a proper wrong ‘un.

Already seen one Chelsea fan feeling sorry that this didn’t happen a few months ago as they’d be perfect for PIF…..

Not at the price he wants they wouldn’t be.

yikes, though finding a buyer for £2-3b with extra costs of redeveloping stamford bridge might be difficult. Could be an exercise in buying time for this to blow over and try and stop the uk government just taking it 

57 minutes ago, Stifler said:

He’s obviously been pushed and regardless of if he’s going to cash in whilst he can, he knows sooner or later his hands are going to be tied and that he won’t be able to spend money.

I’m guessing he’s also hoping that by doing this and using the words he has said, that he’ll walk away from any asset holding that may come his way.

He's trying to keep hold of the 'bulk' of his assets.

3 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

Now that we are rich can anyone explain how our takeover veto card works? Do we object or does the PL just presume we dont want it to happen?

We get the chance to drag it out for a year and a half hoping the new owner just loses interest.

Unsure if this applies for takeovers of other already rich clubs though.

Isn’t writing off that level of spending a breach of FFP? I know there’s something about being able to spend anything you want on infrastructure but there’ll be allsorts in a figure that high.

Just seems a bit of a breach that a new owner will start with a clean slate.

3 hours ago, Sima said:

Isn’t writing off that level of spending a breach of FFP? I know there’s something about being able to spend anything you want on infrastructure but there’ll be allsorts in a figure that high.

Just seems a bit of a breach that a new owner will start with a clean slate.

The new owner won’t start over with nothing. It’s based on the club not the owner. 

I've never considered Chelsea an elite club and always suspected once Abramovic went they would fall off and join the likes of us, Villa, Spurs, West Ham and Everton.

I wouldn't put Spurs amongst the other lot like, and Chelsea have a lot of global appeal now. I can see the top 6 expanding but I think it would take some catastrophic mismanagement for them to revert back to a consistent mid/lower-mid table side.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

The rest of the league is too poor for Chelsea to fall off too much just now.

Just need to look at the race for the top 4 ATM, they all seem to have been fairly shite for most of the season. 

Suggestions of Chelsea's demise are premature. They have one of the best setups in Europe borne through decades of success. They have top players and their academy is amazing. Even if the investment dries up in the coming years, they have enough of a headstart to continue challenging.

Wouldn't be averse to them declining though.

Edited by LRD