Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

11 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

Usmonov sanctioned by EU, Everton are buggered.

Moshiri owns 92%. How do sanctions on Usmanov screw them? Because of their sponsorships? Does Usmanov underwrite Moshiri? 

7 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Moshiri owns 92%. How do sanctions on Usmanov screw them? Because of their sponsorships? Does Usmanov underwrite Moshiri? 

Pretty sure Usmanov’s company is the one bankrolling and sponsoring their new stadium.

9 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Moshiri is Usmanov’s business partner.

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Thank goodness we have wholesome owners who would never oppress or bomb anyone. 

This again?

Yes we might have unsavoury owners, but they're not exactly pushing for World War III like Putin seems to be

Just now, gjohnson said:

This again?

Yes we might have unsavoury owners, but they're not exactly pushing for World War III like Putin seems to be

I know man :lol:

Let’s just be aware of how much satisfaction we get from owners of other clubs being sanctioned. 

6 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I know man :lol:

Let’s just be aware of how much satisfaction we get from owners of other clubs being sanctioned. 

No satisfaction to be had anywhere here.

As much as we may dislike fans of other clubs, ultimately they are the same as us wanting their team to do well. We know as well as any of them that ultimately you can't choose who owns your club...

Unfortunately for Everton and Chelsea, their owners have been shown to be close allies of the man most likely to start the biggest conflict since 1945

31 minutes ago, christ said:

Moshiri is Usmanov’s business partner.

I know. Just don’t know the facts about them, and I’m unsure how sanctions against Moshiris business partner would impact Everton, given Moshiri is a billionaire in his own right? Is he heavily involved in Russia? 

I wasn't aware of Usmanov's links to Putin. I can only assume that the residents of GOT weren't either. What with them having explained to me that the only reasonable course of action (as a fan of a club bankrolled by despicable people) was to go and support your local pub team. 

33 minutes ago, Manxst said:

I know. Just don’t know the facts about them, and I’m unsure how sanctions against Moshiris business partner would impact Everton, given Moshiri is a billionaire in his own right? Is he heavily involved in Russia? 

Always thought Moshiri’s wealth was a bit unclear. He’s a billionaire on paper but a lot is tied up in USM.

2 minutes ago, christ said:

Always thought Moshiri’s wealth was a bit unclear. He’s a billionaire on paper but a lot is tied up in USM.

No billionaires wealth is clear

USually most of their wealth is tied into the companies that they own/founded. If Amazon suddenly disappeared tomorrow, I'd doubt Bezos would be classed as billionaire anymore, yes he'd still be massively wealthy, but he wouldn't be appearing at the top of any rich lists.

Most of the Western billionaires don't have mountains of physical cash available without dodgy share selling/swapping. To quote....'it's all wallpaper'

1 hour ago, gjohnson said:

This again?

Well apart from Yemen, that is. And blowing up the twin towers. And chopping up journos. Apart from that.

Lets just hope the gvt don't look into how Reuben snr got his roubles., either  :ructions:

I'm not so sure football authorities should be getting involved in the Russian invasion of Ukraine, given they've happily turned a blind eye to:

Saudi bombing Yemen 

The Israeli occupation of Palestine

The use of slaves in Qatar

Etc

They're all horrific, but they're picking and choosing which ones they penalise, ignore or reward.

Edited by The Prophet

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

I'm not so sure football authorities should be getting involved in the Ukraine-Russia conflict given they've happily turned a blind eye to:

Saudi bombing Yemen 

The Israeli occupation of Palestine

The use of slaves in Qatar

Etc

They're all horrific, but they're picking and choosing which ones they penalise, ignore or reward.

White on white. It's different.