Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

One of the biggest media moguls in Spain (owner of La Liga's rights and one of the masterminds behind taking it to the USA) has just said that he's aware of talks to hold a CL final in NYC.

But to make it still watchable back in Europe, you'd need to have it kick off about 3pm local time. Make sure it's still played in mid to late May in those temperatures and then everyone can moan about the heat too. :thup:

I think it's an excellent idea that anyone with half a brain would throw their full support behind.

Mid to late May in NYC really isn't all that hot, just low to mid 70s. Doesn't really get consistently over 80 until July, usually. May's actually about the best month to be here, weather-wise.

George Weah played 79 minutes of the match between Liberia and Nigeria tonight, at 51 and fat. Liberia only lost 1-2 against a Nigeria side featuring Iheanacho, Ndidi and other regular first teamers.

The image caption on the BBC article is glorious: "George Weah is the only serving world leader to have scored in three competitive fixtures against Gillingham!" :lol:

Guest neesy111

Literally will never understand who watches his match streams.

Its like the 90% of stuff on twitch.  Why would anyone watch it?  Understand for an export tournament but out of that don't get it.

Guest firetotheworks

I think he's become self-aware of his Partridgisms now. It's never as fun when they're in on the joke.

I reckon its always been a blag.

The original one was funny in a laughing at the div kid sort of way.

Like FFP...it keeps the little guys little and lets the big guys continue to dominate.

Seems very anti-competitive.

The other way of looking at it is that it stops clubs from bankrupting themselves which is a massive issue in Italy for example

Anyone seen those videos online of kids playing some sort of foot volleyball in the forest?

I'm sorry but thats so foreign to me. To me the goal has always been to keep the ball up not flying competitive bicycle kicks.

Is it not sepak takraw? It’s played in quite a few Asian countries.