Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

MK Dons vs AFC Wimbledon today, and the usually story of how both clubs were formed comes up.

I don't like MK Dons because of how they were formed and that story is well known. However I can't believe how many people see the irony in how AFC Wimbledon were formed. They did not start out at the bottom of the football pyramid themselves, they were given a place in a league where new clubs shouldn't be entered. How can it not be ok for MK Dons to take Wimbledon's place and have a head start on clubs in the league system, yet it's ok for AFC Wimbledon to have a head start on small non-league clubs who have been going through decades of trying to to progress?

They started nine or ten  tiers down, given there's only 11 in total it seems a bit unfair that you're trying to portray them as being pushed straight into the Conference or National league which they most certainly weren't.

So yeah, no irony at all. As you were.

Actually for a club in their location they could go as far down as step 14-16.

Also how about they are selling the lease of Kingstonian FC's ground to Chelsea which will likely make Kingstonian FC homeless after they allowed them to ground share whilst they had no ground and part of the reason they got in on the lease was on the promise that Kingstonian FC will always be allowed to play there?

MK Dons vs AFC Wimbledon today, and the usually story of how both clubs were formed comes up.

I don't like MK Dons because of how they were formed and that story is well known. However I can't believe how many people see the irony in how AFC Wimbledon were formed. They did not start out at the bottom of the football pyramid themselves, they were given a place in a league where new clubs shouldn't be entered. How can it not be ok for MK Dons to take Wimbledon's place and have a head start on clubs in the league system, yet it's ok for AFC Wimbledon to have a head start on small non-league clubs who have been going through decades of trying to to progress?

They started nine or ten  tiers down, given there's only 11 in total it seems a bit unfair that you're trying to portray them as being pushed straight into the Conference or National league which they most certainly weren't.

So yeah, no irony at all. As you were.

Actually for a club in their location they could go as far down as step 14-16.

Also how about they are selling the lease of Kingstonian FC's ground to Chelsea which will likely make Kingstonian FC homeless after they allowed them to ground share whilst they had no ground and part of the reason they got in on the lease was on the promise that Kingstonian FC will always be allowed to play there?

Not in 2002 they couldn't.

Was watching the Sergio Ramos last minute winner and got to wondering who the best header-er of the ball is?

C Ronaldo is the best I've seen. Excellent leap and timing. The one he scored against Roma in the CL was probably the best headed goal I've ever seen. Speed, desire and bravery. I don't even think he was in the camera shot when the cross was put in.

Shearer's another. He scored a boat load of them. Tim Cahill had a knack for scoring headers despite not being the biggest. Seem to remember Klose scoring a lot. Anytime I saw barca take a corner, Puyol would get on the end of it. His will to win was incredible.

If anyone knows a good sire for headed goal stats, please post it.

I know we're told to despise them but bombs went off a la Stade de France at Besiktas tonight. Grim.

13 people have reportedly died. The Sun have pictures of the roof of the stadium covered in blood where a body has landed and grim pictures of other bodies covered up.

Apparently the bomb went off 2 hours after the match, I wonder why they let it off that late if the intention was to kill as many people as possible.

I know we're told to despise them but bombs went off a la Stade de France at Besiktas tonight. Grim.

13 people have reportedly died. The Sun have pictures of the roof of the stadium covered in blood where a body has landed and grim pictures of other bodies covered up.

Apparently the bomb went off 2 hours after the match, I wonder why they let it off that late if the intention was to kill as many people as possible.

29 dead. Horrific.

Chelsea are definitely abysmal for player discipline, blamed that on Mourinho for a while really. The fracas there though was definitely city's fault, Chalobah I think it was ran over to remonstrate after that abysmal Aguero tackle but he only got a yellow (and rightly so) so feels slightly harsh that this should be what tips them over the edge, but makes sense from persistent poor behaviour point of view.

Chelsea are definitely abysmal for player discipline, blamed that on Mourinho for a while really. The fracas there though was definitely city's fault, Chalobah I think it was ran over to remonstrate after that abysmal Aguero tackle but he only got a yellow (and rightly so) so feels slightly harsh that this should be what tips them over the edge, but makes sense from persistent poor behaviour point of view.

I think Chalobah's response was perfectly reasonable after seeing that tackle

Best header-ers that are active? Real actually have a few - Ronaldo, Ramos & Bale.

Cahill is probably my favourite because that's 100% technique with a great leap - the timing, the aggression etc.

Les Ferdinand is of that ilk. Ramos to a degree. Most likely shorter  than the people who are marking them but brilliant at attacking the ball and can put it anywhere.

Loved a Didier header. Currently in the PL - Carroll and Benteke are my favourite. It's beautiful seeing those lads have a run up against a defender when the ball is hung up in the air. You can tell they're going to score just the way the defender is under the ball, it's hung up there and he's striding in like a Lion.

Aguero and Messi better in the air than you would realise too. That Aguero header where he was offside the entire time essentially relegated us.

Guest neesy111

A disgusting club which has bought success, constantly gives bent cunts the management gig and fills the squad full of racists. It's to be expected.

What bent managers are these?  Conte is the only one that's been done.