Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

TBF in Germany/Spain they don't have full segregation all the time but importantly they still have areas where the majority of said support at forcibly placed & where others are not allowed to buy tickets. Lose that and you lose the atmosphere. Look how shit atmosphere's are for international games where neither team has large support, the Olympics, lasses football. It's awful, no-one wants that. Not too mention there are few things better than an end behind the goal going up as one as the ball hit's the net, someone get's clean through or a pen/corner claim is made. It's class.

Shite sports like rugby and whatever have no segregation/forcibly placed fans because deep down no-one really gives that much of a fuck. It's a social sporting occasion, no-one is crying and bawling after a defeat.

Football fan sing chants about opposing teams, in European countries games will be against other teams that are a lot closer to each other than in American sports, that’s without including derbies. Loads of reasons why there is segregation. The simple answer is that other games are too sanitised for the need of segregation.

f***ing hell  [emoji38]

He would've got nutted within seconds if he was anywhere near me and my mates.

I've done it at Highfield Rd, in the Holte End at Villa Park and in the home stand at White Hart Lane. Villa definitely the diciest.

:lol:

I was in the home end for our game against Everton at Goodison in 15/16, we lost 3-0 so I managed to avoid my head getting stamped on by some scouse mackems.

I went alone to Roker Park for our game when we won 1-2 and no away fans were allowed in. Was a great experience actually. Nearly let slip my allegiances when the subs were made and Ferdinand went off for Clark but thankfully Sunderland made one at almost the exact same time on the 76th minute  :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Also don’t see the need to fight other people when you go to watch football.

Fully support segregation for atmospheric reasons. But the fighting? Weirdos.

It's a bit of a Chris Rock 'I take care of my kids' point to make, like. :lol: but again, it's understandable when people are emotional, angry, and possibly drunk that things will brim over at times.

Why have loads of people got the same avatar?

Someone found that PCP Partners was originally called Pantalaimon Capital Partners.  Pantalaimon is a character from His Dark Materials who can shape-shift, eventually settling on the form of a pine marten, so googling it resulted in lots of furry ferret things.  So (and there may be a bit missing here, because it's a jump from one to the other) folk decided this was relevant and having avatars of Pantalaimon in his pine marten form (or associated other animals) would help the transfer go through.

Why does Arab money super-fixer Amanda Staveley call her company PCP Capital Partners? She tells Property Week: "It's from the Philip Pullman novels. The P stands for Pantalaimon, the spirit guide for the main character Lyra. I based the company on that character's values. I really love the books. It was going to be Pantalaimon Capital Partners but nobody would have understood that, so it became PCP."

Bit of "PIN number" or "ATM machine" stuff going on if the CP in PCP Capital Partners stands for Capital Partners. Pantalaimon Capital Partners Capital Partners

TalkSport rattling on about Premier League salaries. I was curious to see how we compare to other clubs (and what our individual players and ‘targets’ are currently on). This is all I could find:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/547090/average-annual-first-team-player-salary-in-football-clubs-english-premier-league-uk/#0

Anyone seen an update/more detailed article?

Edit: think it is here

http://globalsportssalaries.com/GSSS%202017.pdf

P40. We’re 15th in PL (you get what you pay for??). Average annual salary £1.71m. More than Bournemouth, Watford, Burnley, Brighton, and Huddersfield. 11 teams pay at least £0.5m per year more. Everton (8th) pay an average of over £1m per year more.

Football already has the culture though. If football had never had segregation then it'd probably be civil, going from segregation to non-segregation would be hell on though at least initially.

I mean same city derbies live and work alongside each other every day.

If only everything could be as peacefully unsegregated as it is in Ireland.

That's kind of the point though. The culture's are very similar and both have a fighting culture. Beating the shit out of people who happen to support a different team to you is just mental to me

Also don’t see the need to fight other people when you go to watch football.

Fully support segregation for atmospheric reasons. But the fighting? Weirdos.

It's a bit of a Chris Rock 'I take care of my kids' point to make, like. :lol: but again, it's understandable when people are emotional, angry, and possibly drunk that things will brim over at times.

It does seem to be a bit of a cultural issue to be honest. I mean that in the sense that violence at football games seem to be overly represented in certain countries compared to others, even though football fans are segregated in pretty much every country. England's not even near the worst offender, obviously. Wouldn't dare go near a home stadium in either Turkey or Poland not wearing the shirt of the home side :lol:

Guest neesy111

There's little as satisfying in football as watching an away end react to a late winner.

I've only seen us win away once in almost 20 attempts. :lol:

f***ing hell  [emoji38]

He would've got nutted within seconds if he was anywhere near me and my mates.

I've done it at Highfield Rd, in the Holte End at Villa Park and in the home stand at White Hart Lane. Villa definitely the diciest.

Me and my Dad did it in the Main Stand at Chelsea back in 1987 I think it was. 1-1 draw. John Anderson scored.

Had no bother at all and there was even another 2 fans about 6 rows in front that jumped up as well.

Just about the most fun I can remember was being with my Dad in the away end for the Boxing Day match v Millwall at the end of the 80s. Not sure why we didn't have our tickets, but it was the only way to get into the game. We were fucking terrified at first and kept mum, but Lineker scored a couple of goals and the Millwall fans just started ripping the absolute piss out of their own team. It was mint.

We didn't celebrate the goals though. Not a fucking chance.