Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Isn't Zlatan treated like a God in Sweden though?

His argument is that when he fucks up, he gets hammered much more than he would if he was 100% Swedish. He's fair game, because he's not really Swedish when he fucks up, only when he's great.

That's not really been the case at all though. I'm sure he has experienced racism against him, especially when he was younger, but the not from the media who has always been hyping him up as the bestest thing ever over here. Think the only time he's been heavily criticised is when he was sent home before an International game with Sweden, but then so was Mellberg and someone else that I can't remember, so it wasn't just him.

Guest Howaythetoon

Zlatan maybe onto something here and if I were Wayne Rooney I’d be looking at racism as a reason as to why he’s constantly criticised by the media too. If he was called Whaid Rooni they would rename Wembley after him.

The reason Zlatan gets some criticism is because he’s there to be shot at, it’s the nature of the beast. That and he’s held to higher standards.

I doubt it’s because if his ethnicity...

Use your name and power more positively man, victimisation can be more harmful to minorities and ethnics than racisim and prejudice.

[emoji38] I hope someone has the footage of that.

EDIT : On investigation, it may just be a comedy tweet. Funny though.

I was once tackled by a crowd member ten yards from scoring an unopposed winning try at Coalville, Leicestershire, many moons ago.

I was once tackled by a crowd member ten yards from scoring an unopposed winning try at Coalville, Leicestershire, many moons ago.

Oof. Coalville.

giphy.gif

Oof. Coalville.

giphy.gif

[emoji23] Couldn't agree more.

I was once tripped by a spectator whilst running down the wing in an inter-squadron Junior Army match. Resulted in a twenty man brawl (disciplined bunch that we were).

Oof. Coalville.

giphy.gif

Yep :lol:

Stopped off there when we played Leicester in 03/04, bit of a grim place.