Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

The worst thing about it is the casual nature. He knows the guy recognises him and he goes and does that, with such accuracy that it's hard to believe he hasn't done it before.

The guy is a public figure FFS. And yet he doesn't think once, never mind twice, about doing that in public.

Carragher suspended by Sky.

Sky set a pretty high bar when they kept Kirsty Gallagher despite her drink/driving conviction so he'll be back I reckon.  Unless Sky consider potentially killing someone in a car is better than gobbing on them.

I'm going to imagine Kirsty Gallagher has a much longer rope than JC. Plus a conviction doesn't mean shit, what matters is sweet viral videos. (NFL) Ray Rice got 2 games after everyone found out he sparked out his missus. As soon as the video surfaced, his career was over.

If the potential to kill comes from the reduced ability to focus on driving, then surely the same can be said for taking your eyes off the road to focus on hockling in the car driving beside you.

He didn't do mirror, signal, manoeuvre.

I'm going to imagine Kirsty Gallagher has a much longer rope than JC. Plus a conviction doesn't mean s***, what matters is sweet viral videos. (NFL) Ray Rice got 2 games after everyone found out he sparked out his missus. As soon as the video surfaced, his career was over.

That's a good point, the power of social media is strong plus he hasn't exactly been contrite saying he was provoked.... through a car window... by a bloke holding a mobile phone

I'm going to imagine Kirsty Gallagher has a much longer rope than JC. Plus a conviction doesn't mean s***, what matters is sweet viral videos. (NFL) Ray Rice got 2 games after everyone found out he sparked out his missus. As soon as the video surfaced, his career was over.

Was he ever charged with anything? Because that's the thing for me. If it's evidence of a crime it should go through the correct channels. But then maybe too many rich successful people have gone through the right channels and got away, and the people are enacting their own justice.

It's a scary situation like.

Remember when sci-fi predicted interactive TV? I think we're pretty much there now.

Guest Howaythetoon

To be fair, he shouldn’t be losing his job over this, but it’s typical behaviour of someone who thinks they are above the law and can behave how they like. Hopefully he will learn a lesson and no doubt he will be feeling a right prat right about now.

Think we can all agree he's a total idiot for doing what he did, but happen to think it's being blown waaaay out of proportion...

Who is actually out there as a member of the public, or Sky subscriber that is so sickened and horrified by this to merit such coverage. Like it's had an actual impact upon those involved, and a select few at Sky put in awkward position, but nobody else in the country. The stuff about him being a role model, and bringing kids and spitting into it is embarrassing.

It's only the people going far out of their way to give a s*** about it that are giving this story any time of day. Surely most of us are content with seeing the story, all thinking he's a tit, at most a bit upset for those involved and we move on with our lives.