Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Guest firetotheworks

He's honestly never once said anything I've agreed with. Even Danny Murphy gets the odd thing right. Merson could tell me that the sky is blue and I'd check, he's truly the high water-mark in thick as fuck football punditry.

think of the amount of thick as shit cunts that merson will appeal to though, there will be countless people watching that at the time agreeing in not-so-silent outrage at inglishmen being denied jobs because of cut-price foreign workers doing it on the cheap

absolutely no doubt about it

It's a proven fact that foreign managers are better than British managers.

I was watching it on Saturday and couldn't believe what I was seeing or hearing - hope Hull go on a mini run now and win a few matches so it can shut him up.

Is there really a difference? We see more successful foreign managers here because it's the PL, they come from all over. Go to Italy and I bet there are hundreds of absolutely shite managers. Nationality shouldn't come in to it, get the best man for the job no matter where he's from.

Is there really a difference? We see more successful foreign managers here because it's the PL, they come from all over. Go to Italy and I bet there are hundreds of absolutely shite managers. Nationality shouldn't come in to it, get the best man for the job no matter where he's from.

In Italy if you finish 17th playing abysmal football like Allardyce you don't get lauded for it, you get sacked. The shit is filtered away far more efficiently, which is one of the reasons we're about to see the 4th different Italian manager in 7 years win the PL. Never been done by an English manager.

Guest Howaythetoon

Italian managers are historically the best in the game and certainly in the Premier League era. Although Italian football isn't what it once was, culturally I think their game develops the best thinkers when it comes to coaching and managing.

Our game just doesn't develop real thinkers. Just look at our footballers, they are often thick as fuck. Punditry in this country is abysmal, half of them can't even speak properly. Paul Merson anyone?

Those that do go into management get jobs based on who they know or their name and reputation and should things go wrong which they often do, they jump back on the gravy train. Pardew would never get a top-flight job with his record in say Serie A.

Mark Hughes and Pulis are considered top British managers and yet for me they are bang average and I'd be massively disappointed if say NUFC were to ever appoint either.

Its a catch 22 thing, however, because the money involved means managers and clubs will do almost anything to stay afloat and that means not taking risks and signing cloggers.

It needn't be that way though. Hull have for me made a brave appointment as have Swansea. They may well go down, but they are thinking outside of the box. Ironically, Bruce would have probably kept Hull up had he stayed and was given money to spend.

Nobody seems to ever come through from grass roots and you've no chance if you haven't played the game. Several thousand pounds to do your badges and the likes of Ian Cathro getting shot with shit because he didn't play at a certain level. I know school teachers, sparkys and binmen who would be able to speak more eloquently and be able to impart more knowledge because they have an eye for the game and crucially the ability to explain things to people in terms they understand with objective and rationale. Look at the plight of cunts like Merson, Pardew et al. jobs for the boys wankers who can get be perma-pissed, bankrupt, morally bankrupt and utter shit and spiting bile; kicking the fingers of others on the ladder trying to get up from the bottom, yet are immune to or spared any consequence seemingly.

I don't know enough about coaching in other leagues to know how pally it is, can't be any worse than in Britain.

Guest Howaythetoon

Italian managers are historically the best in the game and certainly in the Premier League era.

Scottish?

Nah, Italian managers are the best.

Italian managers are historically the best in the game and certainly in the Premier League era.

Scottish?

fair dos- was just thinking 14/23 titles, but see what yr getting at.

Guest Howaythetoon

Our game is basically Brexit. Popular as fuck, but fucking dumb and full of fucking morons who don't have a clue.

The culture of our game is all wrong, from how we watch it in our stadiums, how we bring our kids up to watch it and play it, how we coach and how we play as adults.

We value hard work, tackling and pashun and therefore end up with players like Jordan Henderson as England captain and Southgate as manager. Meanwhile Paul Merson gives his expert opinion so that the nation can be informed every weekend about the beautiful game.

English football is the most popular brand of the game in the entire world and yet English footballers and English teams are fucking shit and so our the managers and coaches. Foreign is best!

Guest Howaythetoon

Scottish?

fair dos- was just thinking 14/23 titles, but see what yr getting at.

Fergie is the best manager in the history of the PL and arguably the history of the British game and you could argue the history of the game itself. But he is one man. Historically the best managers have either came from Italy or been inspired by Italian football.

Gullit for example was a success at Cheslea and while Dutch, he played most of his football in Italy. Sven for England also.

No Kante in the Fifa FIFPro XI?

Shameful.

Neueur

Alves Ramos Pique Marcelo

Iniesta Kroos Modric

Ronaldo Suarez Messi

Didn't think Suarez would get a look in after being snubbed last year. Think Bonucci and Kante definitley deserved to be in there.