Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

I remember reading a comment about Lukaku on Reddit about how he looks like he's playing in jeans :lol: and now I can't unsee it whenever I see him play.

I've never really got the hype with Lukaku at all, but he still seems like just another Mourinho victim at the moment.

A striker who scores 1 in 2? I know, it baffles me, too.

Guest firetotheworks

I remember reading a comment about Lukaku on Reddit about how he looks like he's playing in jeans :lol: and now I can't unsee it whenever I see him play.

I've never really got the hype with Lukaku at all, but he still seems like just another Mourinho victim at the moment.

A 1 in 2 striker that's not even a 1 in 2 striker for Man United (not that that's even that big a deal anymore) cost £75m and is in a league amongst Kane, Aguero, Sterling, Salah, Mané, Fermino, Aubemeyang, Lacazette all of whom imo have more to their game than just goals. He can hold it up and he scores goals at around 1 in 2, but that's about it, he lacks consistency, his control is often poor, and yet he's the 2nd most expensive Premier League footballer  of all time. So aye, I don't get the hype.

Firminho’s been awful for some time. This season he’s not offered anything.  Not creative. Not creating space. Not scoring.

Lukaku - he’s scored 15 or more PL goals in 5 of the last 6 seasons.  Including last season.  In the division currently only Kane, Auba, Vardy and Aguero would have that level of consistency. Maybe Laca too.  So he’s a good valuable player.

He’s not the first and won’t be the last attacking player to lose his mojo with Mourinho around.

BUT his all around game has always been p*ss poor. The touch is so erratic. He looks too heavy and half a yard short on pace. Link up play is terrible.  He’s 25ish and still can’t play with his back to goal much. There was a time some thought he was better than Kane and there’s no argument to be had there at all.  So that level of hype? Nah he’s not on that level. 

A 1 in 2 striker that's not even a 1 in 2 striker for Man United (not that that's even that big a deal anymore) cost £75m and is in a league amongst Kane, Aguero, Sterling, Salah, Mané, Fermino, Aubemeyang, Lacazette all of whom imo have more to their game than just goals. He can hold it up and he scores goals at around 1 in 2, but that's about it, he lacks consistency, his control is often poor, and yet he's the 2nd most expensive Premier League footballer  of all time. So aye, I don't get the hype.

21 in 47 PL games, 4 in 8 in ECL. Not quite 1 in 2 but close enough. Point is when he was bought for that price he had a solid reputation as a 1 in 2, hence the hype for a big strong lad with time on his side.

Guest firetotheworks

Just watching Leicester v Watford then where a player was sent off when both players went in quite aggressively. It got me wondering, have 2 players ever been sent off for the same challenge? Like both players flying in two footed.

21 in 47 PL games, 4 in 8 in ECL. Not quite 1 in 2 but close enough. Point is when he was bought for that price he had a solid reputation as a 1 in 2, hence the hype for a big strong lad with time on his side.

Surely "for that price" (£75m) almost one in 2 isn't enough, it needs to be closer to 2 in 3, or even 3 in 4 to justify that kind of outlay.

Guest firetotheworks

Anyone know where I can see TV viewing ratings for matches? They seem pretty difficult to find. I'm specifically looking for viewing figures for matches with no crowds e.g. Croatia England 0-0

EL2 sounds shite but it looks like it’s designed to improve the quality of the Europa League.  The current Europa League just doesn’t work.  Arsenal playing against the likes of Vorskla and Qarabag is utterly pointless.

Its not pointless for Qarabag and Vorskla. Its actually very important

That’s a fair point.  But losing 0-3 at home to what is effectively Arsenal’s 2nd or 3rd string proves that there are some massive mis-matches in the competition.  It needed re-jigged in my opinion.