Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Only thing I didn’t agree with was the Wellbeck/Rashford and Lambert/Vardy comparisons. The reason the latter were popular was more to do with their rise from obscurity to the international ranks. I’m sure if there was a black player who did the same, went from non league and lower league football to play for England at a late stage, it’d be similar. Take Akinfenwa for instance. If he suddenly at 30-31 rose to the Premier League, banged goals in and earned a call-up, the press and fans would have loved it.

Ian Wright.

Bournemouth's Tyrone Mings has pulled out of an interview with Talksport in protest at its coverage of the alleged racial abuse of Raheem Sterling.

Former Reading striker Dave Kitson told the station that Sterling had incited "jealousy" by exhibiting a luxury lifestyle on his social media.

Kitson added that there was "no excuse whatsoever" for any abuse.

"Like someone or dislike them, there is no 'but' or grey area when it comes to racism," said Mings on Twitter.

"I'm fed up of broadcasting channels who have a huge voice allowing this.

"Silence is deadly for stations and outlets who rely on viewers and listeners."

Who was it on here again who went to Australia, stayed with family that turned not to be family but he couldn't tell them and had to carry on the ruse  :lol: :lol:

Yorkie. :lol:

That's the one  :lol:

The daily updates of his stay, absolutely hilarious  :lol: :lol:

Wtf?

Need a link. :lol:

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Bournemouth's Tyrone Mings has pulled out of an interview with Talksport in protest at its coverage of the alleged racial abuse of Raheem Sterling.

Former Reading striker Dave Kitson told the station that Sterling had incited "jealousy" by exhibiting a luxury lifestyle on his social media.

Kitson added that there was "no excuse whatsoever" for any abuse.

"Like someone or dislike them, there is no 'but' or grey area when it comes to racism," said Mings on Twitter.

"I'm fed up of broadcasting channels who have a huge voice allowing this.

"Silence is deadly for stations and outlets who rely on viewers and listeners."

Fair play, can't disagree with Tyrone, there.

John Barnes spoke a lot of sense about the negative influence of the media with regards to the perception of minorities. David Squires' cartoon today is also spot on

Guest firetotheworks

A worm of a man who should be in jail telling Raheem Sterling that he'll give him a fair hearing. :lol: What a terminal cunt.

Absolutely gasping to make it about him so he can push his "centrist" agenda of angry middle aged white men being the real victims in life and the (insert any minority/female/traitor) somehow being the aggressor who deserves what they get.

Fair play to him on trying to appeal to the baying crowd who absolutely love his agenda but despise him after what he did to those soldiers.

Sterling is definitely being picked on, but what is the evidence it's racially motivated? Genuine question, like what is the language being used in some of these "articles", I always thought Sterling was disliked (by some) because of the way he left Liverpool. It's not like other England players such as Rooney or Beckham haven't also had similar treatment.

Edit: Just watched that Neville, Carragher vid and think Neville has brought me round to more his p.ov

Guest Howaythetoon

It’s racially motivated like. I remember in the summer the sun I think it was doing a big piece on good old Harry Kane, the saviour of England and how such a good boy he was with his fleet of expensive ‘British’ cars, as opposed to the thug Sterling with his pimped up fleet and whatever. It’s disgusting. It’s also class motivated as well.

Sterling should be championed not just because he’s a top player, but because of his background and what his family sacrificed to help him make it in England and indeed themselves.

He’s an inspiration in many ways and people are hiding behind their blatant racism and bigotry by trying to make it about tattoos or cars or fame and wealth which I’m sure Sterling is just like any normal wealthy young footballer in that regard.

As for Piers Morgan, that man has no claim to morality or ethics giving how he acted while editor of a newspaper, the man is absolute scum.

This all started when he left Liverpool, how dare he, and they’ve made him a target like they did Cole for daring to leave Arsenal. They can’t quite target Kyle Walker or Rashford can they. It’s easier for them when someone is black though and that’s what it’s ultimately about. Sterling exorcised his freedom to make himself more money and he isn’t afraid to hide it. How dare he, he should be grateful for just being a PL player. The middle-upper class media don’t like it.

Fans will always abuse players and there are racist fans, but this is driven by the media in the same way they drive the anti immigrant/Muslim crap that many of the uneducated, fearful, and easily manipulated underclass latch onto and oppose.

The Daily Mail of listening.

Edit:

Think someone else on talksport was attributing Lacazettes difficult first season to his apparent lifestyle and compared him to the humble Harry Kane. Talking about insta pictures with flash cars and that. 

There were no pictures of cars on Laca’s Instagram.  Harry Kane had a couple.

Worst of all I’m pretty sure he had Lacazette confused and with the free scoring Aubameyang who is flash. 

‘The masses’ like their rich black footballers in the Kante mould.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46530008

Yaya Toure leaves Olympiakos three months after rejoining Greek club

Former Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure has left Olympiakos, just three months after rejoining the Greek club.

The 35-year-old's contract has been terminated by "mutual agreement".

Toure, who was a free agent in the summer after leaving City, chose to join Olympiakos in September, where he spent the 2005-06 season.

The former Ivory Coast international, who also played for Barcelona, made just two starts and two substitute appearances while in Athens.

"Olympiakos and Yaya Toure would like to announce to the fans that they have mutually agreed to end their cooperation," the club said in a statement.

"Yaya is leaving as a friend and the doors at Olympiakos will always be open for him. Our paths will surely cross again."

Toure helped Olympiakos to a domestic double before leaving after one season to join Monaco 12 years ago.

He joined Barcelona in 2007 - winning the Champions League in 2009 - before moving to Manchester City in 2010, where he won the Premier League three times.

Good thing about this is that it’s highlighted how modern racism is a bit more subtle. It’s rarely as bad as what happened at Chelsea. But it’s small, everyday things that in isolation don’t seem so bad. And it doesn’t apply to everyone all the time it’s nuanced.  To the point Sterling felt people would only understand the point on his Instagram after outright abuse.  As if he felt people wouldn’t understand the point otherwise. 

It’s racially motivated like. I remember in the summer the sun I think it was doing a big piece on good old Harry Kane, the saviour of England and how such a good boy he was with his fleet of expensive ‘British’ cars, as opposed to the thug Sterling with his pimped up fleet and whatever. It’s disgusting. It’s also class motivated as well.

Sterling should be championed not just because he’s a top player, but because of his background and what his family sacrificed to help him make it in England and indeed themselves.

He’s an inspiration in many ways and people are hiding behind their blatant racism and bigotry by trying to make it about tattoos or cars or fame and wealth which I’m sure Sterling is just like any normal wealthy young footballer in that regard.

As for Piers Morgan, that man has no claim to morality or ethics giving how he acted while editor of a newspaper, the man is absolute scum.

This all started when he left Liverpool, how dare he, and they’ve made him a target like they did Cole for daring to leave Arsenal. They can’t quite target Kyle Walker or Rashford can they. It’s easier for them when someone is black though and that’s what it’s ultimately about. Sterling exorcised his freedom to make himself more money and he isn’t afraid to hide it. How dare he, he should be grateful for just being a PL player. The middle-upper class media don’t like it.

Fans will always abuse players and there are racist fans, but this is driven by the media in the same way they drive the anti immigrant/Muslim crap that many of the uneducated, fearful, and easily manipulated underclass latch onto and oppose.

:thup: good post

Edit:

Think someone else on talksport was attributing Lacazettes difficult first season to his apparent lifestyle and compared him to the humble Harry Kane. Talking about insta pictures with flash cars and that. 

There were no pictures of cars on Laca’s Instagram.  Harry Kane had a couple.

Worst of all I’m pretty sure he had Lacazette confused and with the free scoring Aubameyang who is flash. 

‘The masses’ like their rich black footballers in the Kante mould.

:thup:

Guest Howaythetoon

Edit:

Meanwhile...

Over at the house of Windsor...

A large immigrant family all on state handouts who breed like rabbits are living in huge castles and palaces all over the British Isles at the expense of the British taxpayer.

Meanwhile...

Somewhere in Cheshire (no doubt) a young black professional footballer takes to Instagram to flaunt his fleet of expensive cars, watches, luxury home and collection of trainers at the expense of the Abu Dhabi taxpayer.

Meanwhile...

Somewhere on a council estate in England where unemployment and crime is high, where families rely on food banks and where housing conditions are poor, one household take to social media and complain about all these foreigners and Muslims getting free houses, mosques built and flat screen TVs which is ruining the country and unfair.

On a Saturday they take a moment out to forget about all that because some footballer scores a winner for their team which they will put aside how wealthy he is, his fleet of expensive cars and watches and how big his house is, so long as he doesn’t post pictures up on social media because that would be taking the piss.

Back at the house of Windsor, one member of the free loading immigrant family squats down on a basin decorated in 22 carrot gold leaves to take a piss before a servant wipes their behind with silk embroidered tissue paper cut from the finest trees in all of Africa.

I know what antagonises me...

Me too, Fucking scruffy council estate chavs wiping their state funded arses with German toilet roll from Aldi called "Saxon" are they taking the piss ?....