Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Sky did a poll and Vidic was named the best ever PL defender. Van dijk 2nd, Ferdinand 3rd

Thoughts? Think I'd have Kompany in there

Personally think Ferdinand is massively overrated. Terry was better.

Vidic and Ferdinand were both very good defenders. Together they were brilliant. Vidic was found out a few times when Rio wasn't there to tidy up for him.

Was amazed when I saw Vidic won PL player of the year twice

He was part of an incredible defence. Evra, Rio, VDS etc. Individually I don't think any of them were the best in their position but together they were unbelievable. Vidic was the best of the bunch. Makes sense.

I still think Stam is up there. As good if not better than Vidic, Froggy? Ricardo Carvalho too.

Better. But only there for 3 years. Longevity is probably taken into account.

Sky did a poll and Vidic was named the best ever PL defender. Van dijk 2nd, Ferdinand 3rd

Thoughts? Think I'd have Kompany in there

Personally think Ferdinand is massively overrated. Terry was better.

:thup:

Ledley King would be in the conversation if he wasn't so plagued by injuries. Terry for me was the best by some way.

King & Woodgate, talent-wise, were equal to or even better than Ferdinand.

I always thought King was often over-rated because of his injuries. Seemed like he’d be touted as being the next Bobby Moore if it weren’t for injuries. Maybe I’m being harsh, he played for them at a time we normally gave him the run around.

Woodgate on the other hand...class.

Guest Howaythetoon

Carvalho was way better than Terry man. Best all-time top 3 PL CB for me, Ferdinand, Campbell, King. Not based on trophies, but based on being able to all defend brilliantly and also being able to play football brilliantly. Woodgate would have been in with a shout if he wasn’t such a crock. Notable mentions to Titus Bramble...