Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

I don't see any reason why they had to play the 12:30 kick off.

No matter how expensive your squad is all players have to have time to recover

You’re telling me a 1230 kickoff makes much difference to a 5pm kick off on the same day?

They won anyway

I’m not having these big teams who have spent billions on their squad asking for more rules and changes that benefit only them

Yes ok I’m not stupid yes maybe this could have been at a different time

But this plus the 5 subs crying coming from teams who have 22 players , literally 2 teams worth of international talent need to get real

5 subs is much worse. It literally gives the bigger teams more advantage, even though they have spent more money and signed more players so could rotate more. Klopp was the person who decided to play the same forwards 3 games in a week. No one else

Then as a team like newcastle you have the opportunity to have 5 subs but the quality isn’t the same on the bench it literally leaves you at more of a disadvantage

I don't see any reason why they had to play the 12:30 kick off.

No matter how expensive your squad is all players have to have time to recover

You’re telling me a 1230 kickoff makes much difference to a 5pm kick off on the same day?

They won anyway

I’m not having these big teams who have spent billions on their squad asking for more rules and changes that benefit only them

Yes ok I’m not stupid yes maybe this could have been at a different time

But this plus the 5 subs crying coming from teams who have 22 players , literally 2 teams worth of international talent need to get real

How can you not see the issue? Liverpool and Man City played on Tuesday night and had a Sunday afternoon kick off. We played Wednesday night and had a Saturday lunchtime kickoff. They had an extra 50+ hours rest.

We have our starting 11. It doesn't matter how much it cost. Players aren't robots.

There's no reason why they couldn't have played in the 8pm slot other than it was a box office slot.

Of course a few more hours rest would have benefited the players even if it was the same day

Aye, as someone who works shifts i can appreciate how much difference a few hours sleep/rest can make.  It must be massive for a footballer when you consider the amount of miles they clock up during matches.

There’s no ‘harm’ it’s just a bit ridiculous. They were top for just over 24 hours after 8 games having played a game extra.

By the time a single T-shirt was probably even printed they were no longer top :lol:

There’s no ‘harm’ it’s just a bit ridiculous. They were top for just over 24 hours after 8 games having played a game extra.

By the time a single T-shirt was probably even printed they were no longer top :lol:

Which is the entire point. :lol:

Which is the entire point. :lol:

True. The stop the count went over my head :lol:

Fair enough :lol:

5 subs is much worse. It literally gives the bigger teams more advantage, even though they have spent more money and signed more players so could rotate more. Klopp was the person who decided to play the same forwards 3 games in a week. No one else

Then as a team like newcastle you have the opportunity to have 5 subs but the quality isn’t the same on the bench it literally leaves you at more of a disadvantage

Aye the 5 subs is a definitive advantage. Changing times is more about removing the disadvantage that come with success.

Thank fuck the fans aren't allowed in. They'd only be singing "we're gonna win the league".

I don't particularly want them to go to 5 subs but the point that Klopp only made 2 subs this weekend seems a bit of a daft one for me

Yeah. He says it doesn’t benefit the bigger teams and I believe Klopp to be honest enough to truly believe that, but it clearly will I mean just look at Sane not being able to get a game at city last year.