Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Fair to say then that he's a racist, or is that me being woke?

Claims that he was forced to use that language when he worked in the states. That might be the case but you’d think he’d be a bit more intelligent about the language he uses. Also said that asian’s prefer to work in IT.

Claims that he was forced to use that language when he worked in the states. That might be the case but you’d think he’d be a bit more intelligent about the language he uses. Also said that asian’s prefer to work in IT.

In what year did he work in the states?

In what year did he work in the states?

No idea.

I worked in the USA for many years where I was required to use the term 'people of colour' because that was a product of their diversity legislation, positive discrimination format, so sometimes I trip over my words and I deeply apologise.'

the coloured vs people of colour terminology while outdated is understandable though he clearly should know fucking better he was the chairman of the FA its your job to keep up to date on this shit. Saw his comment re Asians in the IT department and its car crash stuff let alone the comments on being gay is a "lifestyle choice" or girls don't like having footballs kicked at them (who the fuck does?!)

Yeah, coloured is terminology to me that is used by someone who doesn’t want to be appear offensive, be it because they are racist, or just don’t know how otherwise to address the subject.

I think the controversy largely comes from his refusal to provide a proper apology and his terms and stereotypes for others on top of it.

Aye only saw the 'coloured' comment and subsequent apology. Didn't realise he'd found himself in a full on rampage against minorities.

:lol: I don't think there's clear evidence that he's a full-on racist/bigot (he might be), but he's definitely thick as fuck and, by using the terms, doing absolutely fuck all to eradicate the rancid ills which are still so prevalent in the game/society. Glad/relieved they booted him immediately.

I’m sorry but there’s no excuse for the leader of the fa one of the biggest organisations in sport in this country to make comments like this and then claim they don’t know what is acceptable to say in this country.

Then to make other bigotting comments on top

Just unacceptable for someone getting paid to be at the top of their organisation, which ironically is pushing so much for equality

the coloured vs people of colour terminology while outdated is understandable though he clearly should know fucking better he was the chairman of the FA its your job to keep up to date on this shit. Saw his comment re Asians in the IT department and its car crash stuff let alone the comments on being gay is a "lifestyle choice" or girls don't like having footballs kicked at them (who the fuck does?!)

Gay people are naturally gay, but it can't be denied that partaking in gay sex is a choice that is open to anybody that can find a willing participant.

The state of this

IMO no worse than our “Howay 5-0” and associated merch bollocks after beating ManU that is still celebrated to this day

I think the issue is that's more a celebration of a funny tweet that got traction more than about being top of the league, and I wonder if anyone will remember the stop the count joke for that long. Still I don't resent them milking it fair enough