Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Probably my favourite player of all time.

Yeah, same. It's really difficult to accept people lauding fucking Gouffran for 5-yard passes and tracking back when you've experienced a player of Robert's class and unpredictability. Waking up on a Saturday morning in those days, man...

Yeah, same. It's really difficult to accept people lauding fucking Gouffran for 5-yard passes and tracking back when you've experienced a player of Robert's class and unpredictability. Waking up on a Saturday morning in those days, man...

Yeah? Where?  :)

http://www.theladbible.com/more/viral-wayne-shaw-reveals-real-reason-behind-why-he-ate-a-pasty-20170223

Sadly, Shaw didn't even enjoy the pie that much. Explaining, he said: "It was a meat Cornish pasty - quite nice too.

"It was probably a good seven out of ten. It could have done with a bit of chilli sauce on it.

"But it gave me terrible bloody indigestion. It was either the onions or the pastry, or maybe I just chomped it too quick.

"It didn't cost me anything from the girl at the counter - apart from my job."

Are these real quotes? :lol: :lol:

Only player's name I got on a shirt, long sleeve and all. Cost me over A$100 at the time, too. Was devastated when the car I left it in got stolen and burnt out :( Fuck the car, I wanted my Robert top

Didn't realise The Journal published this article about Laurent Robert's pants and interviewed men and women about their underwear preferences :lol:

Single Sarah Holmes 18, of Ashington, who works as a sales assistant in Newcastle, said she thought the pants were very unattractive and would definitely not be what she would want any future boyfriend to wear.

She said: "I definitely like to see men in boxer shorts.

"The colour of a man's underwear doesn't bother me too much but I wouldn't want nasty, grey ones like Laurent Robert's.

http://www.thejournal.co.uk/news/north-east-news/theyre-pants-4617583

You're always excited when you have player's like Robert in your team. Genuine class, doing things most wouldn't even attempt. On their day could beat anyone - and do it in style. End-to-end. The majority of our big wins these days involve sitting deep and counter attacks - we used to simply outplay teams.

Robert, Solano, Bellamy, Shearer, Dyer. Miss that era.

We've only had three managers since the Sky era that would or did have the confidence in Robert to regularly select him in my opinion . Sir Bobby obviously, Kev and Hughton.  I don't think Rafa would .

I've not seen many if any a better left foot. That strike at Anfield :fwap:

I've not seen many if any a better left foot. That strike at Anfield :fwap:

His one across Stanley Park was far better from a ridiculous angle after a lovely ball from Woodgate! We got done by a shit ref that day - Gravesen snapped Bernard and should have been off - no foul given - they went up and got a dodgy pen - if we'd won that then we were in with a good chance of winning the league!

Is there a modern comparison to a Nobby Solano type player? Guess Robert was similar. Pretty luxury. Solano had no pace, couldn't beat a man. But excellent delivery. Short or long range passing. Movement. Fairly skilful.

Roberta and Solano were not similar.

Nobby had a bit of pace over 10-15 yards.

Is there a modern comparison to a Nobby Solano type player? Guess Robert was similar. Pretty luxury. Solano had no pace, couldn't beat a man. But excellent delivery. Short or long range passing. Movement. Fairly skilful.

Robert was much quicker than Solano, like.

Robert was much quicker than Solano, like.

Thanks for the information.