Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

They earn about £100k a year here, apparently. They get an annual wage rather than a per-game fee.

He's replacing Howard Webb, who was apparently their head off referees untill 11 days ago, never knew that - he must have travelled backwards and forwards for his TV commitments.

That's not right. They get a fee per game for sure.

I know two referee's who reffed upto Championship level and they always got a fee per game and expenses etc.

They earn about £100k a year here, apparently. They get an annual wage rather than a per-game fee.

He's replacing Howard Webb, who was apparently their head off referees untill 11 days ago, never knew that - he must have travelled backwards and forwards for his TV commitments.

That's not right. They get a fee per game for sure.

I know two referee's who reffed upto Championship level and they always got a fee per game and expenses etc.

We're both half right.

£60k annual salary & about £1,150 per match.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2909239/Top-Premier-League-referees-earn-FIVE-TIMES-Football-League-officials.html

Hopefully this doesn't set a trend like, but he'd have been mental not to take that job.

I mean, there are countries that would've paid him decent money that aren't Saudi Arabia. Wouldn't be moving there for any figure personally.

He better make sure his tattoos are not on display.

:lol: they wouldn't do a damn thing to him either way

Is there a rule to prevent referees moving between UEFA nations or something like that?

For instance if Pierluigi Collina was still refereeing today and the FA said they would double the wages he got in Italy, could he move to England to referee?

Guest neesy111

According to something I found refs get paid 6000 Euros per game in Spain.

Over a 38 game season that equates to over 200k. 

That McGhee video is hilarious :lol:

It is but i'm a bit surprised by the reaction from the Aberdeen fans. I thought that McGhee was a bit of a legend there.

He was, but had a disastrous reign as manager there about five years ago which ended on pretty bad terms.

Clattenburg at the press conference: "I'm from a city called Newcastle... anyone who knows England well, we have the best football team."

I have a Clattenburg fact that not a lot of people know, he is really good friends with Nial Quinn and goes to Cheltenham every year with him.