Gonçalo Ramos

Rich

20 hours ago, The Prophet said:

PSG were sniffing at the end of the window. You'd imagine they'll be favourites in Jan.

Our scouting is mint though.

Only because we've already bought Isak, otherwise we should be able to compete with just about anybody these days. Although while we've probably got more money than PSG, we probably don't throw it around as easily.

Just now, Nobody said:

We were linked with soo many players in the summer man. This reached nearly 20 pages, and I don't even remember us being in for him until I read it on here :lol:

:lol: Shows the absolute frenzied waters this place was in the summer. Had no recollection of this either and we're fucking mods.

4 minutes ago, Mike said:

:lol: Shows the absolute frenzied waters this place was in the summer. Had no recollection of this either and we're fucking mods.

I'm about as active as a mod these days as Sting is Tbf :lol:

That's not to say I'm not on here all the fucking time mind 

Guest reefatoon
2 hours ago, cubaricho said:

I think his 9 goals in 11 appearances this season for Benfica speak for themselves just fine. World Cup or not. 

[emoji38] Aye, he hasn’t just had one good game this season. 

4 hours ago, Emotic said:

Guivarc'h had a stormer for Auxerre before he joined us after the World Cup. I am amazed he only made four appearances for us and only fourteen for Rangers!

Was top scorer in Ligue 1 for two seasons running before we signed him. On paper it was a cracking signing.

10 minutes ago, TotalWar said:

If anyone wants to know what Guivarch was like for us, just imagine a Chris Wood who doesnt ever press and just jogs around, when he could be bothered.

Was such a weird one, that.

Banged them in for Auxerre, won the World Cup, came here and looked like he'd never played football before, stopped off at Rangers for a few weeks to win the treble and then went back to banging them in for Auxerre.

Edited by LeeB

2 hours ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Guivarch only played 4 games for us and scored in one. Obviously it didn’t work out but I’ve never understood how people talk about him being so terrible for us - he barley played!

Yes I've always wondered that

They even call him the worst PL signing ever?

Was it a change in manager that affected him?

Because at the time, we had the French world cup winning starting number 9 and the english world cup starting number 9.

Definitely looked good on paper

Riviere was much worse over a longer period of time. 

I thought Andreas Andersson was crap for a longer period of time too. 

16 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

Yes I've always wondered that

They even call him the worst PL signing ever?

Was it a change in manager that affected him?

Because at the time, we had the French world cup winning starting number 9 and the english world cup starting number 9.

Definitely looked good on paper

Riviere was much worse over a longer period of time. 

I thought Andreas Andersson was crap for a longer period of time too. 

Definitely a change in manager had an impact. Gullit was a pundit for BBC during WC 98 and I remember he gave Guivarc'h a lot of stick. Stands out because obviously he was on the verge of playing for us and I was wanting to hear them be positive about him. Two months later he was managing him. Was never going to work :lol:

9 hours ago, Zero said:

I prefer NOT signing players based on World Cup performance. Always end up great flops.

We were looking at him before the world cup though, 19 pages of this thread before he even appeared in this tournament.

7 hours ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Guivarch only played 4 games for us and scored in one. Obviously it didn’t work out but I’ve never understood how people talk about him being so terrible for us - he barley played!

He was dreadful for France in the World Cup as well. I remember cringing in embarrassment with the realisation that we'd signed such a dud.