Newcastle United 3-3 Manchester City (21/08/2022)

Yorkie

1 minute ago, Shadow Puppets said:

He's the best "pundit" around... he actually analyses a game. Would like to see him get more mainstream work.

Not knocking the analysis! I would upload a vid explaining my view on him but I just don't know what facial expression to capture for the thumbnail!

12 hours ago, Mountain said:

No need to over analyse, it was clearly a yellow and nothing more. In some games it wouldn't even get a yellow. Personally I hate fouls as they break up the flow of the game and injure players. I'd make most yellows a red that would have elimated half of City's team far before ours, without a bias ref of course.

I get the sense that there is an unspoken rule where the defensive player makes a slight contact and the attacker goes down in a controlled manner, thus avoiding injury. A bit like touch football I guess. Any tackle that leaves the attacker unable to do that would therefore be considered reckless and result in a red.

30 minutes ago, McCormick said:

I like him. The guy does have some slightly annoying “YouTuber celebrity” mannerisms but that’s the platform I guess. He’s a lot more insightful and passionate than any pundits on TV currently.

I enjoying listening to his analysis when I have a long journey in the car. Definitely the best youtube pundit out there in my opinion. 

Really hoping that Neville and Carragher do a piece on the game yesterday before the match tonight. Sure they're having an extra half our pre-match to focus on a few, I'm guessing, Man U issues but surely they can spend 10 minutes looking at what happened yesterday in more detail. Wouldn't mind seeing a bit more about exactly how Leeds dismantled Chelsea too tbh. 

Guest HTT II

That pass from ASM for Wilson’s goal at the pace he was running at is so hard to deliver, and that finish from Wilson was so instinctive. And how good is Silva, such a sublime footballer, what a great game man!

Guest HTT II

Love Jones’ hug with Phillips at the end btw, wish we could have signed him. Sadly I feel he won’t get much game time at City!

4 hours ago, 1964 said:

Touch of good fortune I thought, it was straight at willock but it went through his legs, no disrespect to willock but he could just of easily stopped that.  De bruyne didn't intend to meg him from 10 yards

Did he intentionally let it go through his legs? I need to watch it again.

I know a couple have expressed the sentiment this morning "even if they lost 4-3, still would have been proud" etc but as much as I get that and as a fan, kind of agree, I think it was so so crucial for player confidence that they didn't lose. Drawing that game was huge for these players, even after being 3-1 up.

Confidence is such a massive part of the psychology of the modern game, they'd have been on the floor today had they lost. Now hopefully, they'll be on a high all week. After the likely top 3 of City, Liverpool and Spurs, this league is wide open.

1 minute ago, LionOfGosforth said:

I know a couple have expressed the sentiment this morning "even if they lost 4-3, still would have been proud" etc but as much as I get that and as a fan, kind of agree, I think it was so so crucial for player confidence that they didn't lose. Drawing that game was huge for these players, even after being 3-1 up.

Confidence is such a massive part of the psychology of the modern game, they'd have been on the floor today had they lost. Now hopefully, they'll be on a high all week. After the likely top 3 of City, Liverpool and Spurs, this league is wide open.

Good viewing for any players considering signing for us.

1 hour ago, Happinesstan said:

I get the sense that there is an unspoken rule where the defensive player makes a slight contact and the attacker goes down in a controlled manner, thus avoiding injury. A bit like touch football I guess. Any tackle that leaves the attacker unable to do that would therefore be considered reckless and result in a red.

I don’t think I’ve ever witnessed a player picking up an injury by falling awkwardly after a tackle.I mean a real injury which has either affected him for the rest of the game or forced him to be subbed.

3 minutes ago, tomlynnherrington said:

I don’t think I’ve ever witnessed a player picking up an injury by falling awkwardly after a tackle.I mean a real injury which has either affected him for the rest of the game or forced him to be subbed.

Only thing I can think of is backing in to a player heading the ball.

Guest HTT II

Rewatching the highlights, kind of love how Walker tried to console Trippier when the ref showed him a red and ASM fucking had Walker who I rate highly, on toast. He’s quick as fuck, quicker than ASM, but any young player watching, it’s not all about pace, but being able to beat your man and our man did that time and time again constantly.