Newcastle United 3-3 Manchester City (21/08/2022)

Yorkie

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola to BBC Sport: "Proper football game. We started really well. We lost some duels and they could run. Once the game was open they were better for 20 minutes.

"The team showed who we are.

"Allan Saint-Maximin is really dangerous.

"We should take more time in the final third."

On the overturned red card: "I didn’t watch it. The referee and VAR said it was not. I saw it in front of me but after I didn’t watch it."

“That atmosphere after the game, that is what football is all about.”

Guess I can no longer hate Pep then.

Edited by 54

5 minutes ago, 54 said:

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola to BBC Sport: "Proper football game. We started really well. We lost some duels and they could run. Once the game was open they were better for 20 minutes.

"The team showed who we are.

"Allan Saint-Maximin is really dangerous.

"We should take more time in the final third."

On the overturned red card: "I didn’t watch it. The referee and VAR said it was not. I saw it in front of me but after I didn’t watch it."

“That atmosphere after the game, that is what football is all about.”

Guess I can no longer hate Pep then.

Thought his interview was pretty spot on.

7 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

A convict relying on an umpire's call - and not getting it - will never not be fucking hilarious.

Reverse ya decision maytee that's not out I repeat not out

21 minutes ago, jack j said:

Just remembered bruno making a tackle in the corner first half and going fucking mental

Fucking class

He's our best player, different level. Joelinton's efforts help him to be that though.

I thought the ref in general was poor. Was a classic top team bias like it used to feel playing against man utd for years under fergie.

City players were just flopping to the floor, Walker in the corner Vs Joelinton for perfect example of this. 

You could definitely feel that general bias towards them today from the official. Disappointing.

3 minutes ago, Wilson said:

I didnt actually notice at the time... but why did we not have a pen? :lol: absolute shambles. 

Because Stones was wearing a correct shirt at the time. Apparently elbowing someone in the head is absolutely fine if you're wearing one of the correct shirts :thup:

1 minute ago, Wilson said:

I didnt actually notice at the time... but why did we not have a pen? :lol: absolute shambles. 

Obviously because they asked the ref how he saw it, he must have said Stones clattered into Schar, leading with his arm, and got nowhere near the ball, but he didn't think it was a foul. Very high bar and that.

I’m eternally baffled by Haaland. I don’t understand how somebody who is 6ft5 and built like he is can also have that kind of pace and acceleration. It’s unnatural - like somebody has made a player's attributes on a video game.

12 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

I’m eternally baffled by Haaland. I don’t understand how somebody who is 6ft5 and built like he is can also have that kind of pace and acceleration. It’s unnatural - like somebody has made a player's attributes on a video game.

Wasn't the fastest man in the world ever pretty tall?

Been working today so haven’t had time to watch the full match, but the chunks I saw: what a performance. Big Joe turning in to a Brazilian Roy Keane will never not make me smile. Him just screaming “how?!” after his yellow was perfect.