Newcastle United 3-3 Manchester City (21/08/2022)

Yorkie

Things I loved upon rewatching the extended highlights:

- Bruno radging after our team huddle just before kick-off[emoji38]. This is what a winning mentality is all about, people. Amazing;

- KDB being quite nice about it when Trippier went over to presumably say "I didn't do it on purpose, mate.";

- As per HTT's post, when Graeme Jones hugged Kalvin Phillips and gave him a peck on the cheek, always love it when opposing players and staff get back to being nice and friendly, even in a hyper competitive match like this. Bruno even traded shirts with Haaland, I believe.

28 minutes ago, Emotic said:

Pep Guardiola name-dropping St Maximin; Joelinton and Callum Wilson, man. 

"Did you enjoy it?" - "I loved it!" - "Eet's enough." [emoji38]

I did love that bit at the end from him. Sometimes, very rarely, matches or moments come along where the significance of the details and even the outcome is outweighed by a timely reminder that we're all here because we love football. Yesterday was one of those, and I thought his response there summed it up. Just a "you know what, who cares, it was brilliant."

And it was nice that we were part of that and were acknowledged on an even footing. Like Pep or loathe him, I'll always enjoy genuine legends of the game honestly waxing lyrical about NUFC. There was no platitudes there. His admiration of opponents seems very genuine. 

33 minutes ago, madras said:

I'd love to know what Gundogan was whining to the ref about after Trippier scored, pointing at our players celebrating and having a moan.

Well his name is an anagram of an gun dog, he's probably just a pointer

1 hour ago, tomlynnherrington said:

Did he intentionally let it go through his legs? I need to watch it again.

No not on purpose but on another day it hits him rather than go through his legs, just bad luck

2 hours ago, HTT II said:

Love Jones’ hug with Phillips at the end btw, wish we could have signed him. Sadly I feel he won’t get much game time at City!

Noticed that. Really wish we had signed him too; top of my end of last season wish list. He will get game time at City though, once his training numbers/performances look right;  very much seen as replacement Fernandinho. 

mind city are fucking good when they click. and haaland is going to be a monster when he settles into their system.

we were awsome though but ran out of steam. get those signings in!!!!!

Actually getting a little annoyed about all the talk about where we can finish (the squad is way too thin for some of the really optimistic suggestions imo), can we just not care for now? This season is just about consolidating, can we have a really fun, no pressure season where we're not stressing every game about relegation for the first time in ages and just enjoy games like this? I would like a decent cup run too mind but I don't want to have the pressure and worry about where can we finish. It's been so long, we're not going to go down, lets have some fun for the first time in 20 years

Garth Crooks going on a rant about Trippier saying the red card should have stood? What the fuck is he smoking? Is he a City supporter?

Saying he should have been sent off because the challenge was cynical.. eh I don’t think that’s mentioned in the rules..

With the amount of shit those cunts have had go against us and for them over the years, they can get right to fuck if they think it was a red.

Penalty yesterday.

Consistent lack of yellows for them but yellows in abundance for us for the exact same offences yesterday.

Pen on Fraser last season.

Aguero standing so far offside that he may as well have been standing in the Strawberry to score in a 1-1 draw in the 2015-16 season which we went down during.

Goal at the Etihad in the same season wrongly disallowed for offside which would've put us 0-2 up deservedly. (we went on to lose 6-1 like :lol: but still)

Tiote disallowed goal.

De Jong not even getting a yellow after breaking Ben Arfa's leg.

Fuck off.

9 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Garth Crooks going on a rant about Trippier saying the red card should have stood? What the fuck is he smoking? Is he a City supporter?

Saying he should have been sent off because the challenge was cynical.. eh I don’t think that’s mentioned in the rules..

Typical GC. Put someone in your Team of the Week and use virtually your entire reasoning to state why he should have been sent off.

He’s just a very strange individual.

43 minutes ago, SteV said:

Typical GC. Put someone in your Team of the Week and use virtually your entire reasoning to state why he should have been sent off.

He’s just a very strange individual.

He mostly seems to recognise defenders who score goals, rather than their primary job, i.e. defending.