Newcastle United 3-3 Manchester City (21/08/2022)

Yorkie

1 hour ago, Donut said:

One of the best games of football I've seen in years. 

The sneering from some quarters at our owners and renewed (post our takeover and Abramovich's frozen assets) lesser sneering at Man City for theirs mean this match will never be celebrated as the best of the Premier League. However, it was a bloody good match, really top drawer entertainment driven by very high levels of skill. Exceptional dribbling, exceptional throughballs, an exceptional freekick, and exceptional goalkeeping to deny an exceptional explosion of pace. None of the goals came from a clear error, like Mendy at the weekend.

I've not heard any tactical analysis yet, but you could make the argument that Pep was naive to not set up more defensively against us given what happened to Arsenal at SJP. I would expect the next Top 6 side coming to SJP to be more wary and look to cancel us out in the manner usually seen in matches between Top 6 or certainly Top 4 sides. I'd like to think we'll see more games like this, but have strong doubts that we will.

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I can't decide if KDB's paas was absolutely sensational or if it took a small deflection off Willock. Either way he had far too much space.

Both, it was amazing vision but he was slightly lucky that Willock didn't block it. Most players wouldn't even see it, or if they say it they wouldn't be brave enough the play the pass.