Alexander Isak

Disco

16 minutes ago, lxsln said:

Zlatan, who played 70 minutes of football in 1 year, is selected for the Swedish national team. So Isak will have a rest next week! We (Sweden) are a fucking joke.

Pass on our thanks to your manager anyway, means less chance of Isak picking up an injury on international duty. :thup:

Edited by TRon

OK course Isak was going to get called up.[emoji38]  He's pretty much their best player.

I also think it's a good thing for us. He's hardly had any minutes and it will all build his fitness and confidence. I'd like to think Newcastle and Sweden will discuss his training schedule etc.

Like many, I was getting exasperated at the reluctance to start with this guy, but I'm now starting to think that Eddie may have played a blinder. He's protected the guy from aggravating his injury, increased his fitness, given him time to integrate, but also fuelled the guy's motivation to prove himself and nail down his place. Given his talent, I think Isak has slightly underachieved in his career, but I wonder if Eddie has now created a bit of a monster.

12 minutes ago, Cronky said:

Like many, I was getting exasperated at the reluctance to start with this guy, but I'm now starting to think that Eddie may have played a blinder. He's protected the guy from aggravating his injury, increased his fitness, given him time to integrate, but also fuelled the guy's motivation to prove himself and nail down his place. Given his talent, I think Isak has slightly underachieved in his career, but I wonder if Eddie has now created a bit of a monster.

to be fair it’s how he does it with many of the new signings . Good post

1 hour ago, Cronky said:

:thup:

Eddie knew how injury prone Wilson is and how Isak was recovering from one and still adapting to the league. Add in selling Wood and you can see why he's kept playing Wilson despite form dip, and brought on Isak gradually. Part for fitness and injury, part to ease the player in. It will pay dividends switching the two around ao Isak plays more and Wilson gets more cameo appearances to keep Isak safe and fresh.

Edited by hakka