Alexander Isak

Disco

Just now, KaKa said:

Casemiro's fee was only deemed excessive because of his age.

Isak is almost a decade younger!

On the flip side Casemiro is one of the most decorated players of all time and has been undeniably world class for a long, long time. 

Isak is a striker with a 1 in 3 record. 

Both fees were too high. 

Just now, Froggy said:

On the flip side Casemiro is one of the most decorated players of all time and has been undeniably world class for a long, long time. 

Both fees were too high. 

Do you actually enjoy this though? 

2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Both fees were too high. 

You're so funny man :lol:

A 1 in 3 striker is your go to line it seems.

Thank God we didn't judge him just based on his '1 in 3' and instead looked deeper than that.

Going to be fun watching him continue to tear things up in the Prem as the team around him improves further.

And we'll see who you lot blow another fortune on this summer in comparison!

Just now, KaKa said:

You're so funny man :lol:

Thank God we didn't judge him just based on his '1 in 3' and instead looked deeper than that.

Going to be fun watching him continue to tear things up in the Prem as the team around him improves further.

And we'll see who you lot blow another fortune on this summer in comparison!

How much was Maguire? Asking for a friend!

3 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

Do you actually enjoy this though? 

Enjoy what? Why are you acting like I'm trying to troll for satisfaction. 

The facts are:

I posted 6-7 months saying the fee was extremely high and that I found it hypocritical that people criticised the Casemiro fee. I also said I thought Isak was a good signing. 

Fast forward to now I've had my posts quoted and laughed it, to which I've responded. 

I never brought Man United players into it. Nobody is the one who mentioned Martial and scoffed at his goal record compared to Isak's, which is when I pointed out that Martial actually has better goal contribution stats per 90 than Isak has. That part might be the one people find difficult. 

If you're going to pull up my posts from 6-7 months ago to try and mock me, don't get your backs up when I retaliate. 

I thought he had a really good scoring record for someone so young playing in such a strong league. £60m is a lot to us, but no one would’ve blinked if an ESL club spent that much on him.

18 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Both fees were too high. 

I think both fees have been justified though 

25 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Are you a talent scout or a coach? :lol:

No, but he broke through for my team in Sweden, where I'm a season ticket holder, when he was 16. Watched him dominate the local away derby on his 17th birthday, scoring a brace. I've since watched him at often as possible for Dortmund, Willem II and Sociedad. 

20 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Both fees were too high. 

Both are fantastic. Neither fee is excessive.

Been over this before. Isak's goals to minutes ratio in La Liga was 1 in 2. He was a sub a lot in his first season which is understandable as he was 19 at the time.

For 2 seasons, he was a 1 in 120 mins striker but had a final poor season. We marginally overpaid at the time but there were very evident signs past a single season that he had a lot of quality.

4 minutes ago, Bondedcrown said:

How much was Maguire? Asking for a friend!

You're reinforcing my point. :lol:He was way too fucking much. 

You can look at my post history if you want. £60m is what was touted for Maguire and I thought that was already an insane and we ended up paying £80m. :lol:

He ended up making us better at the back as well for at least a couple of years, but nothing is ever making that fee acceptable. 

8 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Because he was a 1 in 3 striker. It's no deeper than that. 

1 minute ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

I think both fees have been justified though 

In all seriousness, I think there needs to be more football from both of them before those fees can be justified. 

Casemiro hasn't justified it yet for me. He's been suspended far too often. His importance to us isn't up for debate but when you spend £60m on a star player you expect him to be available. 

5 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Would take him in a heartbeat, even though he is statistically inferior to Martial. 

You know as well as I do that Isak is a much better player than Martial. In another world, where Martial was injury free and in top form, he'd have been a great striker in this league though. Too little too late from him.

Man United will sign someone in the summer. They will be in business then.

After a very promising start, Isak's career stalled a bit. I understand that it didn't work out at Dortmund, and his last season at Sociedad wasn't great. I think the fee we paid was based on his potential, while other clubs looked at his recent history and decided not to take the risk. 

Time will tell whether he's a bargain, but I think we got it right. Purely based on his technical skill on the ball, I think he's the best striker in the league. What has surprised me is that other aspects of his game - his pace, strength, finishing, heading, intelligence - are much better than I had dared to hope. I think Eddie is right in saying that he doesn't have a weakness in his game.

I gather he's quite a shy character, and that held him back at various points in his career. There's a little bit of a swagger about him now which is good to see.

6 hours ago, Froggy said:

What's funny? Is 1/3 of a season and a few goals against bottom half sides the makings of a £60m player now? 

What's Lingard worth after that West Ham stint? 

Settle down fanboy. 

Hey Froggy, I believe his goal scoring rate right now is ridiculous. That's in your very own Premier League. We'll see long term of course but it doesn't look like a bad buy now.