Alexander Isak: Nominated for PL POTY & YPOTY

Disco

1 minute ago, Cronky said:

An amazing strike. It was like a golf shot, where the trajectory of the ball is exactly where the golfer intended.

Except that that the ball was moving and the player didn't have a minute and a half to prepare himself. 

And definitely wasn't going round 78 over par

If you watch closely, he's already shaped his body to shoot before Wilson passes to him. Its like his body language is telling Wilson exactly where he wants the ball and of course Wilson being a striker, knows exactly what he wants.

It’s a small sample size, but the fact he’s hand a good goalscoring record previously with one season where he was played out of position. He’s now a goal a game striker in the premier league at just 23. He would be worth 80 mill plus. If he sustains this for another season, he’s worth 120-150 mill. 

I felt at the time it was too much money.  This wasn’t based on knowledge of the player just stats and it just seemed we were getting a little desperate due to other deals failing.

From what we’ve seen so far he had it all goals wise:

- goals on break against Liverpool 

- the cracking header the other week

- the shin in from a cross

- a couple tap ins being in the right place

- creating his own chance from the wing where he skinned the player (I dont actually remember if he scored this or set up a goal)

- now the long range goal

On top of this his midfield/link up play is outstanding.  

Edit - my only negative is he seems to disappear some times for periods of games.  Not saying its his fault but he did nothing first half yesterday and in a couple early home games.

If he can keep this up this season and next he’ll be mentioned with some of the best players in Europe 🙏

Edited by KetsbaiaIsBald

Just now, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

I felt at the time it was too much money.  This wasn’t based on knowledge of the player just stats and it just seemed we were getting a little desperate due to other deals failing.

From what we’ve seen so far he had it all goals wise:

- goals on break against Liverpool 

- the cracking header the other week

- the shin in from a cross

- a couple tap ins being in the right place

- creating his own chance from the wing where he skinned the player (I dont actually remember if he scored this or set up a goal)

- now the long range goal

On top of this his midfield/link up play is outstanding.  

If he can keep this up this season and next he’ll be mentioned with some of the best players in Europe 🙏

Yeah, a big deal was made about his stats last season by a few when we signed him.

However, he had already shown he could get goals previously, and more than that, his whole style of play and his physical attributes are just so well suited to the Premier League, and that was the key thing for me.

Whenever I watched him for Sociedad it was such a slower paced team that never looked to get him the ball early in space. Was such a waste. They also played a diamond setup last season with him a bit wider as the right side forward, which was a bit different for him.

From YouTube I could tell that he had tel talent.  With one good goal scoring season and one poor one it could go either way. But early on I saw the composure and clean technique when striking balls. By Fulham - I was sold. Never seen a Newcastle forward with such ability since Shearer 

8 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

From YouTube I could tell that he had tel talent.  With one good goal scoring season and one poor one it could go either way. But early on I saw the composure and clean technique when striking balls. By Fulham - I was sold. Never seen a Newcastle forward with such ability since Shearer 

Cisse's first half season ?

9 minutes ago, madras said:

Cisse's first half season ?

His all round game was never impressive to me. His link up was minimal. Didn’t drop deep. Didn’t run the channels especially. Wasn’t a dribbler or a passer. He was a pure finisher with good movement. Even when he was bad, he was pretty handy in the box.  But when he was great, he wasn’t all that in general play. 

Ba was similar. But Ba was a harder worker, would try to hold it up a bit and run the channels. Ba could offer something when he wasn’t scoring. Cisse didn’t.  

At his best Isak can do a bit of everything.  I compared him to Berbatov another person compared him to Kanu. These are skilful, link up, number 10 like forwards who drop deep and ball. He’s also a runner and a dribbler committing defenders  and play on the shoulder like a Henry. 

I said it recently but he’s the type of player who will win games for us single-handedly, he’s that good. The type of player who will just take it into his own hands sometimes and demolish an opposition 

5 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

His all round game was never impressive to me. His link up was minimal. Didn’t drop deep. Didn’t run the channels especially. Wasn’t a dribbler or a passer. He was a pure finisher with good movement. Even when he was bad, he was pretty handy in the box.  But when he was great, he wasn’t all that in general play. 

Ba was similar. But Ba was a harder worker, would try to hold it up a bit and run the channels. Ba could offer something when he wasn’t scoring. Cisse didn’t.  

At his best Isak can do a bit of everything.  I compared him to Berbatov another person compared him to Kanu. These are skilful, link up, number 10 like forwards who drop deep and ball. He’s also a runner and a dribbler committing defenders  and play on the shoulder like a Henry. 

I only meant the composure and   clean strike of the ball as you originally described 

Bias out of the window and all that but there's really no other way of looking at it with Alex Isak. The man is absolutely fantastic and when you compare his transfer fee to those of other clubs who paid much much more, we got a bargain.

He just oozes class.

And guess what?

He's only been playing properly for us for half a season.

He's taken the premier league like a duck to water.

Like a great white shark to the ocean.

Like a soaring Eagle.

Like a mountain goat just not caring about the steep mountains to climb, he just does it.

And....well....I'm sure you get it. 

Imagine us having two proper strikers at the club. Proper proper strikers. Wilson and an absolute world class Isak.