Alexander Isak

Disco

1 minute ago, timeEd32 said:

From a friend who only watches La Liga - "I think he's pretty great, but will never be elite." I told him to fuck off.

He’s 22 and plays for Sociedad ?. I think he’s got plenty of time to develop and improve in a better team. 

Amazing news!

Isak is right footed but has a two-to-one left/right split in the goals he's scored. He even outperforms xG on his weaker foot. His record is 1 goal in 2 games in La Liga based on minutes played.

A big dribbler too. One problem we have is teams doubling up on ASM, but that won't be possible with other major threats in the team.

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

Ah FFS, you’ve put me right off now man!

:lol: I’m still really excited tbf. With time and the right set-up the guy could be something really special.

Not to piss on anyone’s chips, saying he’s overrated doesn’t equate to me saying he’s shit. He’s really good but gets more shine than his play and achievements warrant. Paying probably 15m too much but fuck it, he’s such a big name it’s worth it!

Just now, mattypnufc said:

He’s 22 and plays for Sociedad ?. I think he’s got plenty of time to develop and improve in a better team. 

He will never be an elite player though according to reports.

Still, it's good to give Wood a bit of competition.

11 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

A strange take on us, that's if Google Translate has done its job

"A soccer nobody, a team that already signed Guimaraes and Trippier stealing them from teams bigger than him in order to save himself, will now take Isak"

cartman-salty-tears.gif.807a86547ba97b2b690bc4792b45b4c4.gif

7 minutes ago, CFlan said:

Things are heating up.

Little bit cryptic true but if you think of it Alexander Isak = Alexander the Great who came from Greece which is hot and was also famous for being mentioned in NUFC fan,  Sid Waddel’s speech. He practically told us this was happening days ago. 

I think that’s reaching a bit ? but if it’s what you believe and makes you happy who cares... I’m aware he used to get a bit early team info right ??

I said weeks ago no big deals would get done until last 7 days of the window and I said months ago I predicted we’d spend around £110-120m this window plus anything extra we generated in sales and trust me I’m no ITK ?

I see Edwards was the one who broke this story 6-7 weeks ago? … but let’s not go there ?

Lets hope we pinch Paquetta from West Ham and get Pedro “done” properly ??

8 minutes ago, McCormick said:

I said the same thing. Think he’s massively overrated but still young and has a lot of amazing qualities that Howe can get the best of.

He scored 17 La Liga goals for a mediocre team when he was 21. Think he’ll thrive in a Howe team.

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

I think that’s reaching a bit ? but if it’s what you believe and makes you happy who cares... I’m aware he used to get a bit early team info right ??

I said weeks ago no big deals would get done until last 7 days of the window and I said months ago I predicted we’d spend around £110-120m this window plus anything extra we generated in sales and trust me I’m no ITK ?

I see Edwards was the one who broke this story 6-7 weeks ago? … but let’s not go there ?

Lets hope we pinch Paquetta from West Ham and get Pedro “done” properly ??

The Athletic reported it a couple if days before him, but he slapped an "exclusive" on it.

Anyway, let's just be happy we're getting a top quality player.