Alexander Isak

Disco

I understand ikons post but sometimes we have to accept it’s not his game, he’s a very versatile forward who is absolutely ice cold, this in itself is more than enough. Don’t expect shearer like traits though as your going to be disappointed. 

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

I understand ikons post but sometimes we have to accept it’s not his game, he’s a very versatile forward who is absolutely ice cold, this in itself is more than enough. Don’t expect shearer like traits though as your going to be disappointed. 

He doesn't need to do the Shearer or Wilson-type battling, tbf. He can work towards channels more though - when we were penned in on Satuday, we were playing long balls down the line to get some relief but Isak was staying central. It was probably just fitness related, like, but I'd expect him at 100% to be doing that running in that scenario. Helps to split defenders too so if they win the initial knockdown then he has a better chance of collecting and making something happen.

17 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I don't think he's inconsistent. 25 goals in 50-odd games or so. Whenever he's looked match fit - he'll do the business more often than not. A 1 in 2 striker cannot be described as inconsistent.

He lacks a bit of aggression and i think he could go on to be a world-beater with better stamina and strength. But I mean properly world-class and an all-timer in the PL.

He is. By saying that I’m mostly talking about his in general play. At our club he has improved his consistency when it comes to finishing really. He has scored goals for us even when he has been poor by his own standards. It’s very well known that he has been inconsistent for years and still has shown that he hasn’t taken that last step properly (yet). On his day he is unplayable but there’s also quite a few times when he isn’t playing even near his level. He has even said this himself in interviews in Swedish tv. 

Edited by Ikon

The area he can most improve on imo is his movement in the box. Too often we'll have the ball wide near the touchline and he'll be behind a defender rather than in front of them and ready to be on the end of a low cross. Think this is what Eddie meant in his comments in the Shearer article too. 

He’s got an almost 1 in 2 record for us which is what everyone regards as a very good.

In that time though he has suffered injuries, not being 100% fit, and this season played with a fatigued squad behind him.

Imagine what he might be able to achieve once he’s fully up and running and we improve our squad?

Alexander Isak would walk into the starting XI of Manchester United, Chelsea or Arsenal. He would get a game at Real Madrid. He may be an option to replace Kylian Mbappé at Paris Saint-Germain if, as expected, he leaves Newcastle United at the end of this season.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/alexander-isak-newcastle-united-eddie-howe-5rh3txxfx

Here we go. The fucking cheek of it.

I do find it more plausible than Bruno incidentally... I'm not sure we'd get a fee to justify it though, considering his incoming price, injuries and importance to our side. I'd be wanting £130m+ and I'm not sure anyone would pay that.

Edited by 80

1 minute ago, Andy84 said:

Article by Martin Hardy, ignore 

It's just the brazen way he's tossed that in there, he's expected to leave at the end of the season. The arrogance of the big six summed up in one sentence.

7 hours ago, TRon said:

It's just the brazen way he's tossed that in there, he's expected to leave at the end of the season. The arrogance of the big six summed up in one sentence.

He’s came out and confirmed the article has been edited. He was meant to say Mbappe is expected to leave PSG. 

https://x.com/mhardysport/status/1746872963607994516?t=rystyWjDmYgRkkaTnVG9YQ&s=08

4 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Was just thinking there, when FFP finally blows up in the next few months and we sign Mbappe this summer, does Gordon switch to the right?

Howe will turn Mbappe into a cracking midfielder.