Alexander Isak

Disco

Just now, Armchair Pundit said:

Must admit, I'm slightly worried about the money side of things if all the recent explanations of our spending capabilities is anything to go by. I mean, I'm sure our new owners wouldn't put us at risk, but I hope it doesn't mean we'll struggle.

Struggle? In what way? We can spend this money this year with current sponsorship levels etc but it may have hampered our spending in future years. New sponsorship is on the cards for next season with Fun88 expiring, so it’s all good. 

3 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Jeeze man - Ekitike knocking us back was a blessing in disguise.

Can you imagine ...

And just having the patience to not then over react and rush someone else in like people kept complaining about.

The patience has paid off big time.

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

Yeah a 30 year who's arguably the best in the world in his position and multiple time CL winner vs a striker who scored 6 in 32 in the league last year.

What's wrong with Chris Wood? They're his sort of numbers.

Please stop this. 

4 minutes ago, Flip said:

I mean, one of the most talented players out there. 17 goals in La Liga as a 20 year old. Clearly had a bad season last year. Still, very talented and could potentially be worth more.

:lol: You're a bunch of hypocrites and you know it. £60m is an astronomical fee for Isak.

Enjoy it. You're with the big boys now.

Edited by Froggy

Just now, Froggy said:

:lol: You're a bunch of hypocrites and you know it. £60m is a astronomical fee for Isak.

It's not like paying over the odds for Harry Maguire or anything.

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Pardon? 

There was a whole thread on why we have to be careful and were likely sticking a low end structure on spending until were established and hopefully in Europe again, to do with FFP and all that guff. Just thought if it's an issue this sort of splooge could endanger that plan, we wouldn't want to fall foul of it.

4 minutes ago, Froggy said:

:lol: 

Can everyone who criticised our spending on Casemiro have a little word with themselves?

£60m for Isak. Jesus, Mary and Joseph.

I know you are looking for a bite but howay, signing a 30 Year old who only went to Man United for one last payday and to double his wages is very different to signing a 22 year old who is one of the highest rated youngsters in Europe.

What I really love about this forum is not only how my brain is stimulated by the debate of whether it's 1881 or 1892 as to the correct year of the club's formation, whether it's due to the continuation of Newcastle East End under a different guise or the sign of a fresh, united beginning but my special region is very much being stimulated by this incredibly exciting news. 

Not saying I prefer one over the other, of course, but we're all animals at the end of the day. 

:lol: You're a bunch of hypocrites and you know it. £60m is an astronomical fee for Isak.

Well yeah. So £60m is astronomical for the big boys? Piss off. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Struggle? In what way? We can spend this money this year with current sponsorship levels etc but it may have hampered our spending in future years. New sponsorship is on the cards for next season with Fun88 expiring, so it’s all good. 

That's what I'm hoping, they must have something in the pipelines to cover it.

Just now, elbee909 said:

It's not like paying over the odds for Harry Maguire or anything.

It's exactly the same, and what did you all have to say about that signing? ;)

You're flexing the purse strings now and overpaying for players because you're desperate for a striker. It's a mental fee.

I never said anything about the Case fee tbf. Both are on the high side, but both players improve both teams massively. No transfer fee makes sense at the moment anyways.