Alexander Isak

Disco

1 minute ago, Ikon said:

Isolation yes, but he needs to do more to give him self the chance to get more involved. Have seen this version of Isak too many times through the years. Piss poor overall today is mind. 

I think ultimately we're not really the right team for him. We need a brick sh*t house who can hold the ball up and can close down defenders relentlessly for 90 mins to minimize out pourous midfield. 

Just now, r0cafella said:

Isak is definitely the problem let’s bin him off to someone better than us and have big Willie bully defenders. :lol: 

It's very possible to have good players who don't fit your style. Happens all the time. We also show no inclination of adapting to him, so..... 

While he can be isolated, he sometimes massively fails at a fairly fundamental part of being a lone striker with his general play. Part of the reason we don't pin teams down in there to increase his service can be that he's behind play or is really slack with his decisions.

An amazing striker when in form but he has to take more responsibility if he wants to go up a notch.

Edited by Gallowgate Toon

He scored 3 in 2 during the last international break for Sweden.

We simply don't play to his strengths. He needs players closer to him. Either a 10 to interchange with and slip him in when he makes off the shoulder runs, or a strong CF to win knockdowns for him and create space.

We were supposed to build the team around him, but he looks like the odd man out in our current set up

I think it's a major issue that we're never getting in behind teams. If you watched Chelsea earlier they were in behind West Ham so often but we really struggle to play slide rule passes other than from Bruno. Murphy did a good job releasing Barnes but we don't get the ball to Isak into those positions anywhere near enough. I don't actually know if that's an Isak issue or a midfield issue, or both

6 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I think it's a major issue that we're never getting in behind teams. If you watched Chelsea earlier they were in behind West Ham so often but we really struggle to play slide rule passes other than from Bruno. Murphy did a good job releasing Barnes but we don't get the ball to Isak into those positions anywhere near enough. I don't actually know if that's an Isak issue or a midfield issue, or both

With isak, Barnes and Gordon in your arsenal, it's frustrating that we can't get them all in behind. Teams manage it against us so easily.

Few things that i was very surprised today. He was 1-on-1 in the first half, did not take the defender on - stopped and waited for help.  In the second half Gordon broke from the left and Isak just needed to make a run near post but he just waited behind a defender. Both situations that would have ended very differently last season. Of course he is too isolated, but still I don't understand what is it, just that something is missing. It is the same with Gordon and many more. 

We’ve seemingly got a few players now who are top class, but in the system of 4-3-3 where it’s almost everyone is equal, it limits certain players and actually makes the system poorer.  

Giving the games we’ve had, the lack of chances we’ve created for Isak is so poor.

3 hours ago, gbandit said:

Bruno's not making as many slide rule passes as I thought he would when we signed him tbh. But that aside I agree. I always feel our football should be good enough to get someone like Isak in behind more, especially considering he's lethal one on one.