Alexander Isak

Disco

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Howe absolutely loves Wilson; I can see him starting whenever he's fit. 

Really curious that the boss has something in mind to play them both and effectively. Potentially goals all day if there's a way to make it work and get the best out of both of them. 

If he gets the balance right, and manages Wilson correctly with bench time .. it could rain goals imo 

6 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Have we ever had a forward like Isak? He gets called a unicorn player for good reason. I don’t know much about his record on heading the ball but I imagine it’s an area he can improve on as younger strikers are often weaker in that area (Andy Carroll aside)

What does 'unicorn player' mean?

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

What does 'unicorn player' mean?

It means very rare. Specifically in Isak’s case it would refer to the fact that he’s got height, exceptional dribbling ability and pace as well as great technical ability in striking a ball. I think the thing that makes him particularly unique regarding those traits is his height as normally someone his size wouldn’t be as pacy and technically gifted at dribbling 

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

It means very rare. Specifically in Isak’s case it would refer to the fact that he’s got height, exceptional dribbling ability and pace as well as great technical ability in striking a ball. I think the thing that makes him particularly unique regarding those traits is his height as normally someone his size wouldn’t be as pacy and technically gifted at dribbling 

Got you.  Only Chris Waddle springs to mind in terms of being rangy and technically gifted as well as an exceptional striker of a ball.

6 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

No use being tall if you don't use it to your advantage. A few times he didn't even contest a header 

Because he is tall doesn’t mean he has to be good at this and that. Wouldn’t change anything about his style to make him better in the air. Also he beat VVD in the air at least once. 

Just now, Aiston said:

Shocking miss, should be scoring those every time.

Played very well despite that.

Think his touch before the shot got the ball too much in between his feet, but still got to be finishing it.

Agree, he had a good game overall though. Good to see that didn't get his head down and there were some really nice bits of link up play. He'll thrive when Bruno's back in the team