Alexander Isak

Disco

4 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Huh? We're comparing g/a per 90 from last season. Isak stopped scoring after being moved out wide. Martial didn't get moved out wide. Which is a factor.

Oh right....?.....????

Not getting Ekitike or Pedro has turned out to be a massive benefit to us no matter how good those two turn out to be. Isak and Wilson are as good as any two strikers any club in world football has imo. Goes to show the level of scouting that goes into all the players we sign. Even those we’ve been linked with will no doubt go on to have good premier league careers. Pedro and Diaby both off the mark today.

He’s incredible, I don’t have any other words to describe him. 

The thing that really blows my mind is his accuracy, he very rarely misses the target. He’s another one that took a chance with us and is being rewarded for it. 

8 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

He’s incredible, I don’t have any other words to describe him. 

The thing that really blows my mind is his accuracy, he very rarely misses the target. He’s another one that took a chance with us and is being rewarded for it. 

It’s actually incredible how fast we’ve moved onto signings like him. It feels like Dwight Gayle was a believable starter for us less than 2 years ago. I wonder if Isak even knows what a basket case of a club we were 18 months ago. 

Just now, Beren said:

It's 3:36am. Can't wait to see this guy in the Champions League for NUFC. [emoji38]

Ridiculous to think we’re going to be in pot 4. We’ve go to be the team absolutely no one wants in their group 

9 hours ago, Erikse said:

Huh? We're comparing g/a per 90 from last season. Isak stopped scoring after being moved out wide. Martial didn't get moved out wide. Which is a factor.

Fine, 18 year old Garnacho then who was exclusively out wide? :bluestar:

He's the next Messi though to be fair. Worth £200m already. 

31 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Can't believe you're using stats to compare Isak to Martial and Garnacho man :lol:

I love digging into stats, but my God, the eye test is a thing. Try watching some more games!

Right back at you. ;)

I watch all your games now. A good side to watch. 

I’ve said it before, but the way he stands up and stays strong when being challenged, but still running, reminds me of Henry.

I hope that he becomes our Aguero, in the sense that he comes in rated highly, wins things with us, is here for a long time, breaks records, and leaves when he is past his best. 

Edited by Stifler

10 hours ago, toon25 said:

His finishing, man. Incredible.

I don't know if anyone's mentioned it yet, but did you notice he was wheeling away to celebrate even before the ball had cleared the last defender? The absolute certainty in his own genius is frightening.

7 hours ago, NE28 said:

Ridiculous to think we’re going to be in pot 4. We’ve go to be the team absolutely no one wants in their group 

I think we might pick a few teams apart in CL. The surprise package. Let’s see 

7 hours ago, NE28 said:

I was warned by a Man U fan that we would struggle in the CL games as it's another level. I wonder what he's thinking after watching that last night?

49 minutes ago, TRon said:

I was warned by a Man U fan that we would struggle in the CL games as it's another level. I wonder what he's thinking after watching that last night?

Best tell him the bookies have us 9th favourites then

It's the same as the whole we can't have Dan Burn playing against vinicius craic

Obviously there is elite teams with elite players but there are alot of teams who wouldn't even get top half in the premier league

A few teams aside, there isn’t anyone you massively fear. Of course the English teams can beat you, but that’s no concern for the group stages. After that you are looking at Real Madrid, Barca, Bayern, and PSG. Maybe Napoli, depending on how many of their players they sell.

You then look at the other teams from there, the likes of AC, Inter, Benfica, Dortmund, Leipzig, Porto, Seville. You would expect a game from them, but we should be beating all of them.

Everyone else below them who we come across would be teams who we should absolutely dominate.

It also doesn’t matter how far down the line of getting into the Champions League we are, we will always have this awareness about managing the 2 games. Spurs had the same dilemma, but correct me if I’m wrong, once they broke into the Champions League places, they stayed there until last season.

Edited by Stifler

51 minutes ago, TRon said:

At the top end it's another level, for the most part it's not. Like when people talk about players making the "step up" to international level and you think 'they're playing Romania", it's not really a  step up from playing the likes of Villa or Spurs. The difference for us is extra games, not really a different level of football.

3 minutes ago, jack j said:

Best tell him the bookies have us 9th favourites then

It's the same as the whole we can't have Dan Burn playing against vinicius craic

Obviously there is elite teams with elite players but there are alot of teams who wouldn't even get top half in the premier league

The British teams have generally all done will in the CL in recent years, not sure there's that much to fear these days, other than the Madrids or PSGs. There's only a handful of teams who are off the charts good, and they can't all be in our group.

55 minutes ago, TRon said:

Probably that the CL is another level from Villa at home. :lol:

All joking aside, I'm not sure anyone doubts that you can compete in the CL. It's your style of play and the extra games that is the major factor. I don't think your squad depth is quite there yet to finish top four and have deep cup runs. I would say we have better squad depth than you but the deep cup runs knackered the team and injuries started coming thick and fast in the second half of the season. 

Only a matter of time though until you have CL quality backups in each position. The likes of Barnes is a great signing.