Alexander Isak

Disco

Just to clarify I'm not questioning his talent (obviously), it's more about the consistency. The best players are consistent. I know he's probably tired and all that. But it's allways been a little bit on and off.

Edited by Erikse

1 minute ago, AJ9 said:

Miles off his levels. Unfortunately we’re fucked without him.

Going to happen I think, not really getting a chance to recover from injuries and having to play so much.

Edited by Aiston

41 minutes ago, Vedder said:

Just a moment to recognise that touch for the chance he messed up at the end. It was like prime Tino. 

Tino was also a sublime finisher though. Isak seems less likely to end up waving guns or getting drunk though.

His fitness is evidently a struggle at the moment. We've seen far less of the individual brilliance we saw from him last season - the explosiveness and gliding past players has been far less, as well as less general inventiveness.

It's there in flashes but his touch is less consistent and he can dawdle on the ball.

3 minutes ago, Kanji said:

He didn’t even really get many chances to shoot on goal. hes heading or dribbling or passing at the moment. When he shoot’s he often scores. 

100%. As someone else said the supply to him usually consists of balls behind him or a hit and hope 10 yards in front.

2 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

100%. As someone else said the supply to him usually consists of balls behind him or a hit and hope 10 yards in front.

100% 

We’re not playing to his strengths at all and we should be. The fact that he’s even fashioning half chances out of what he’s being given is testament to his skill. 

14 minutes ago, Kanji said:

He didn’t even really get many chances to shoot on goal. hes heading or dribbling or passing at the moment. When he shoot’s he often scores. 

So he's a poacher who we like coming deep cos he can be creative ?

Isak has a good supply line, it's the exact reason Wilson has so many goals for us this year too when available. Contrary to opinion, we're generally a creative side and good for our forwards.

Iirc, Isak has 17 league goals for us in the equivalent of 25 90s. There are very few attackers in the world with as good a record. I think he's pretty much in-line with his xg too for any stats nerds.

2 hours ago, madras said:

So he's a poacher who we like coming deep cos he can be creative ?

hes an all around brilliant striker but when he’s in good positions finding space the ball needs to get there. There were insane runs he was making with space and the pass was behind or intercepted tonight. 

8 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

Bruno is our best player by a country mile. Then Trippier (despite tonight) and then Isak, Gordon and Wilson

Isak is the only player we have who has the potential to be world class - he’d also command the biggest transfer fee if he left.

Trippier isn’t on a par with Isak. 

3 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Isak is the only player we have who has the potential to be world class - he’d also command the biggest transfer fee if he left.

Trippier isn’t on a par with Isak. 

Isak is more talented and more importantly, significantly younger so yes overall, Isak is more important to us 

But Trippier has more often than not been our best player this season, and our style of play revolves around him a lot in possession. I'm sure as well he was statistically the best RB in the prem last season, as well as in the European team of the season? 

Also Bruno for me as potential to be world class, maybe already is in that I think he could fit in several top teams 

Whilst he isn't the most athletic, his ability to receive the ball under pressure and either play a pass to start a phase of play, or draw a foul to allow us to reset / move up the pitch is as good as it gets imo