Alexander Isak

Disco

1 hour ago, healthyaddiction said:

1) when Shearer signed for us he arguably was the best striker in the world. He was literally the world record transfer.

2) Isak is not the best striker in the world. I love him, he's brilliant. But he hasn't even bagged 20 league goals in a season in his career yet. You can't be saying he's the best striker in the world or better than Shearer 

On point one R9 would beg to differ.

1 hour ago, TRC said:

I really don't think it is. For us Shearer was never the best striker in the world.

I feel Isak is the best striker in the world.

I mean even if that was true it was in an era of Ronaldo, Romario, Batistuta, Inzaghi, Del Piero, Vieri, Raul. I could go on. 

He’s the cleverest footballer since Beardsley for me but Shearer was the  absolute goal machine of his era in English football. 

4 minutes ago, RS said:

He’s the cleverest footballer since Beardsley for me but Shearer was the  absolute goal machine of his era in English football. 

Goes without saying and I can’t believe this conversation is being had - the highest ever premier league goal scorer, highest ever Newcastle goal scorer and in 1994-95 season alone he scored 34 goals in 42 games and featured in every single game that season, only getting subbed off twice,

The man was a machine and there is a reason he was my password to most websites for such a long time.

Edited by Gawalls

1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

Totally different players. I tell you what though they would have been brilliant together imo

Shearer could form a partnership with anyone - did it his whole career.

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

Shearer could form a partnership with anyone - did it his whole career.

Except Kluivert. He made that notable slip where he said he much preferred playing with Bellamy because Shearer was too selfish. 

Just now, Wandy said:

I love wor Alex, and he's only going to get better, but he's not even better than Andy Cole, never mind Shearer.

Total body of work obviously not.

But right now Isak is at minimum a top 3 striker in the world. 

1 hour ago, TRC said:

Hes better than Shearer was for us. Hopefully he stays till he retires too.

A whole world of nope. He might be a better footballer...but Shearer was a better goalscorer and could score any type of goal....headers, skillful chips, long distance blasters, and took a wicked free kick. Could also drag the whole team to a result no matter how bad we were playing.

Isaks bloody good and definitely better in terms of trickery and fast feet but he's got a long way to go before anyone can claim he's been better for us than Shearer

Shearer was like Haaland, except a better footballer and playing for worse sides and still doing it. 

Even people who compare Kane to Shearer don't have a clue. It's massive recency bias. 

Shearer was a phenomenon and there was only one better striker in world football at the time and his nickname was literally the phenomenon, R9..... and even he didn't do it as long as Shearer.

Football totally different to when Shearer was playing.  We have one of the best strikers in the league, and in Europe. End of. 

Just now, Kanji said:

Football totally different to when Shearer was playing.  We have one of the best strikers in the league, and in Europe. End of. 

When he can spark out Gillespie on a drunken night out then hes arrived imo 

8 minutes ago, TRC said:

Total body of work obviously not.

But right now Isak is at minimum a top 3 striker in the world. 

Andy Cole is the best goal scorer I've ever seen in a black & white shirt. By your rating of Isak then Cole would be the best in the world if playing now.

10 minutes ago, Kanji said:

He's outstanding, wouldn't swap him with anyone