Alexander Isak

Disco

On 19/04/2024 at 12:28, r0cafella said:

They are meant to be but they have players who they can offload for decent fees ESR probably being the prime candidate. 

Also the new FFP rules are great for Arsenal when they come in. 

Who can afford to pay decent money for ESR though? The clubs who will be interested can't splash out because of FFP.

Forgot that Sweden didn't make the Euros, so this guy will be resting and recovering all summer bar the odd friendly.

32 minutes ago, The Fountain said:

Who can afford to pay decent money for ESR though? The clubs who will be interested can't splash out because of FFP.

This is the problem the sly 6 have now because of FFP/PSR, outside of themselves I cant seen any other team taking their "cast-offs" for big money anymore, they've created a monster now they may have to live with the consequences ...

32 minutes ago, Mag3.14 said:

This is the problem the sly 6 have now because of FFP/PSR, outside of themselves I cant seen any other team taking their "cast-offs" for big money anymore, they've created a monster now they may have to live with the consequences ...

Meanwhile clubs like us, Villa, Brighton and West Ham being clever about our business.

1 hour ago, The Fountain said:

Unless I've missed something or am confusing him with someone else, Smith Rowe is basically broken isn't he? Missed years of football and he's still young. He'll doubtless still show flashes of talent for a year or 2 when he's fit but then he'll start to rapidly decline.

Anyone who takes him on a big fee and wages is an idiot.

On 19/04/2024 at 12:28, r0cafella said:

They are meant to be but they have players who they can offload for decent fees ESR probably being the prime candidate. 

Also the new FFP rules are great for Arsenal when they come in. 

Arsenal fan at work is adamant that they can get £30m or so to Nketiah or someone like Palace. I’m not so sure.

He’s worth nowhere near £30m. £15m is a fair price. There’s a reason he’s had extremely limited game time in a team that doesn’t have a quality striker / fit striker. They’ve opted for Havertz over him who’s not a natural goal scorer. Jesus has been injured and he’s still barely gotten on the pitch

4 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Arsenal fan at work is adamant that they can get £30m or so to Nketiah or someone like Palace. I’m not so sure.

They gonna use that to buy Isak’s old shoes? 

3 hours ago, Mag3.14 said:

We can name any price for any of our players and the so called big 6 know this. If we say we want £200m for Isak they know we mean it.

10 hours ago, GeordieDazzler said:

They probably can to be fair, the big 6 FFP issues and ours aren’t really comparable because they have so much the new rules will further solidify that too. 

11 hours ago, The Fountain said:

We can name any price for any of our players and the so called big 6 know this. If we say we want £200m for Isak they know we mean it.

This is why I'm glad to see the club have taken such a tough stance with Dan Ashworth, they have set a standard for us to sell will only be done on our terms going forward, and I'd expect the same mentality for all our players.

The only way Isak goes is if he agitates for a move and it seems like he’s pretty content at the moment. If we’re not in the champions league the year after next then it might be more likely he goes but that’s a way off yet. 

Just don’t see the club selling him, his current form has almost priced him out of a move anyway as he’d cost an absolute fortune. 120m + Arsenal fans will no doubt assume they’ll be getting him this summer 😂 (I actually think they’ll sign Toney)

Edited by ExiledGeordie

Really looks like the missing piece for Arsenal tbh. And they can always sell a couple of their 15 midfielders to help with FFP. Do hope he stays though, even if we were offered £200m. When you look up irreplaceable in the dictionary you get a picture or Alexander Isak.

Edited by Displayname

1 minute ago, Displayname said:

Really looks like the missing piece for Arsenal tbh. And they can always sell a couple of their 15 midfielders to help with FFP. Do hope he stays though, even if we were offered £200m. When you look up irreplaceable in the dictionary you get a picture or Alexander Isak.

They could have signed him when we did. Sucks for them.

On 20/04/2024 at 16:46, Skeletor said:

Did read a hilarious post on Arsenal-Mania that they were gonna offer us £50m + Nketiah for Isak. 

Just seen that - they have a 66 page thread on him in their transfer rumours board :lol:

1 hour ago, Lazarus said:

Just seen that - they have a 66 page thread on him in their transfer rumours board :lol:

Long way to go before they catch our Maddison one!

Had a very brief glance at that arsenal mania and their fucking stupid thread title naming conventions for players made me irrationally angry :lol:

Edited by Elric

I think if/when Isak leaves - it will be for a major team in Europe - Barca/Real most likely. Do not think he will end up at Arsenal, and as for him going to spurs - no chance.

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Can we add something to thread titles when we're just talking about selling people? :lol:

The fear and dread people have for this is just astonishing.

So many seemingly still can't handle having anything good at the club.

Incredibly sad really.