Alexander Isak

Disco

If he (Bally21) or any other wants to express his/their opinion on the subject then let him do it. It doesn’t mean fear and dred. It gets talk about all over Europe so it’s not exactly a big deal if it gets talked about. Shitting the bed over it properly then yeah, it’s silly. I’m certain that Isak and Bruno will stay, but I’m not gonna waste any energy over other people talking about it in a relaxed way. It’s a forum after all. Both will be linked left right and centre so it’s not gonna be quiet about them. It happens when you have class players. I kind of see it in a positive way, as it means we’ve done well signing these. It’s natural, that it gets talked about.. 

Edited by Ikon

20 minutes ago, Ikon said:

If he (Bally21) or any other wants to express his/their opinion on the subject then let him do it. It doesn’t mean fear and dred. It gets talk about all over Europe so it’s not exactly a big deal if it gets talked about. Shitting the bed over it properly then yeah, it’s silly. I’m certain that Isak and Bruno will stay, but I’m not gonna waste any energy over other people talking about it in a relaxed way. It’s a forum after all. Both will be linked left right and centre so it’s not gonna be quiet about them. It happens when you have class players. I kind of see it in a positive way, as it means we’ve done well signing these. It’s natural, that it gets talked about.. 

They will 🖤🤍 :indi:

25 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Of course they are free to say how they feel.

I'm just surprised there is such a level of concern over players leaving.

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

Im seeing it entirely differently on this forum to be honest. I see people talking about it here and there but I genuinely don’t see many at all being very “comcerned” in an unnecessary way. Apart from maybe one or two of the usual nutters :lol: 

Breaking out their milk bottle caps and Monopoly money to try and pay for him:

Barcelona have joined Arsenal in being interested in £90m-rated Newcastle United and Sweden striker Alexander Isak, 24, with the Spanish club hoping to strike a deal as the Magpies look to navigate financial fair play rules. (Sun)

3 minutes ago, Sima said:

£90m :lol: 

I know. They’d have to sell a lot of players to even reach that and I’d want £150m+ before even considering a bid.

16 hours ago, KaKa said:

14 years of exactly that will take a while to unlearn for some. 

5 minutes ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

This could be another watershed moment like selling Andy Cole, which set us up for several years of glorious failure. 

Not really. That was more or less a swap for Les Ferdinand. (Unless that was bait, he added hastily)

That did prompt me to wonder what was our costliest sale. Arguably Gazza, with Beardsley a close second.

1 minute ago, Cronky said:

Not really. That was more or less a swap for Les Ferdinand. (Unless that was bait, he added hastily)

That did prompt me to wonder what was our costliest sale. Arguably Gazza, with Beardsley a close second.

Tbf, if Gazza had stayed in and around Newcastle, he’d probably have been dead before he was 30.

8 minutes ago, Cronky said:

Good spot 😁

I’d argue it was Waddle. 

edit: it was bait but also likely true. 50 years has taught me to be pessimistic and therefore less at risk of crushing disappointment. 

Edited by Mahoneys Tache

1 minute ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

Good spot 😁

I’d argue it was Waddle. 

The worst thing about the Waddle situation was the fee he went to Spurs for - £590,000 - was set by a tribunal as us and Spurs could not agree a fee - he was easily a 2-3 million pound player by the standards of the day.

1 hour ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

Good spot 😁

I’d argue it was Waddle. 

edit: it was bait but also likely true. 50 years has taught me to be pessimistic and therefore less at risk of crushing disappointment. 

The 80s were indeed a bad time. First Waddle, then Beardsley, then Gazza in successive seasons, I think it was. We did our best to get relegated and finally succeeded.

Time to shed the pessimism now, I reckon. We're in good hands.

Talksport running a news story that because we're not going to qualify for CL it triggers a clause in his contract that reduces his wages. It went on to say we want to renegotiate to withdraw such a clause in order to reduce any opportunity for him to leave. It also states that this clause is in other players contracts too.

41 minutes ago, arnonel said:

Apparently talks underway for new contract...

Doesn’t he have 4 years left? Are we going to pull another master stroke and extend with a release clause? :lol:

Giving Joelinton a new contract really set a good precedent.

Think it will give others more confidence to commit. 

Really need to prioritise rewarding key players in the team when the time is right.

Looks like this Isak one is to not apply the reduction in wages due to no Champions League, which would be fair enough having performed at the level he has, and with the interest in him.

Good move getting ahead of things.

53 minutes ago, RS said:

Hearing Jim Radcliffe has ordered the government to force us to sell him to England United for £1. 

Yes it would be great to have a Harry Kane of the North

2 hours ago, frankpingel said:

Talksport running a news story that because we're not going to qualify for CL it triggers a clause in his contract that reduces his wages. It went on to say we want to renegotiate to withdraw such a clause in order to reduce any opportunity for him to leave. It also states that this clause is in other players contracts too.

Isn’t this just another way of saying players have Champions League bonuses, except doing it in a negative way?

4 hours ago, r0cafella said:

Doesn’t he have 4 years left? Are we going to pull another master stroke and extend with a release clause? :lol:

Probably get a bit of an increase in wages as well.