Alexander Isak

Disco

I personally think that the market has dropped out a bit, so nobody can really afford to pay what we'd want for him. I think we'll see where we are next summer before making any decisions over both Isak and Bruno tbh.

4 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

He's exactly what Arsenal need/want but we took a punt on him and they didn’t. Realistically they probably know he’s not for sale currently. 

He's exactly what Arsenal, Spurs and Man United need too. Probably Chelsea. I'd go as far as saying Man City would benefit from him instead of Haaland too tbh.

Posted (edited)

It's obviously killing the southern press that one of the best strikers in the world, who plenty could have took a punt on, is ours. He's very unique, in his talent, style, but also his personality. 

Imagine even contemplating selling him to Arsenal, would be one of the stupidest things this club has ever done, and thats not even considering the message it sends out. Thankfully we're not owned by idiots anymore. I'm sure a few on here were touting him to Spurs as well recently, utterly ridiculous. 

Edited by Stuy_O

The way Arsenal play I’m not sure Isak would be that good a fit personally. Actually think Havertz is a better fit.

7 hours ago, Shearergol said:

I personally think that the market has dropped out a bit, so nobody can really afford to pay what we'd want for him. I think we'll see where we are next summer before making any decisions over both Isak and Bruno tbh.

I've made the decision already thanks, keep both forever. 

If Arsenal came in for him bigger clubs would join the race anyway. Arsenal should give up on Isak, can't afford him and certainly won't be able to compete with Real Madrid and the like.

1 minute ago, Skeletor said:

If Arsenal came in for him bigger clubs would join the race anyway. Arsenal should give up on Isak, can't afford him and certainly won't be able to compete with Real Madrid and the like.

Wasting their time he’s happy here and doesn’t want to leave! 

Posted (edited)

Jeezo, the amount of articles by people either claiming 'they know' or have links to Arsenal, who are claiming Isak would be available for between £80m-£100m, how he'd be a perfect fit for them and deserves to play at a 'higher level'... I just think that, apart from their low valuations being delusional, it's just incredibly disrespectful. Why the fuck would we sell him for such a price anyway? When we paid £63m ourselves and that was before he proved he could do the business in the Prem (he's literally two goals behind Haaland!). I hate the media's love in with certain clubs, gets on my tits no end.

Edited by Armchair Pundit

Just now, Armchair Pundit said:

Jeezo, the amount of articles by people either claiming 'they know' or have links Arsenal, who are claiming Isak would be available for between £80m-£100m, how he'd be a perfect fit for them and deserves to play at a 'higher level'... I just think that, apart from their low valuations being delusional, it's just incredibly disrespectful. Why the fuck would we sell him for such a price anyway? When we paid £63m ourselves and that was before he proved he could do the business in the Prem (he's literally two goals behind Haaland!). I hate the media's love in with certain clubs, gets on my tits no end.

This country absolutely hates sporting parity.

The talk should be about giving Newcastle credit for the signing, and talking about how the likes of Isak can take Newcastle forward and make them a competitor going forward.

Instead, it's the same nonsense as always, fantasizing about which of the top 4 he goes too.

Cringeworthy stuff.

Just now, relámpago blanco said:

Bloke who runs the corner shop is an arsenal fan and reckons Isak is worth 70m. I asked him how much they paid for Pepe and whether a proven top elite striker was worth more.

It’s what they’d like to pay, they know they cannot afford his true worth! 

7 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

Bloke who runs the corner shop is an arsenal fan and reckons Isak is worth 70m. I asked him how much they paid for Pepe and whether a proven top elite striker was worth more.

You should start questioning him on his own shop prices, the bloke's obviously got no idea how much things are worth!

On 28/04/2024 at 15:29, GeordieDazzler said:

mental we haven’t missed a pen since 2020

On 28/04/2024 at 16:12, Chris_R said:

Oh fucking hell man, just don't say that kind of thing. FFS :lol:

Every time. :lol:

At least you jinxed us when we were 3-0 up

Just now, Big Geordie said:

Baller :thup:

The lad has everything a top striker needs  -and he's still only 23. :)

24 but aye :) 

Shows how relatively easy it is staying fit and playing for Man City like. Haaland has been shite this season and will still probably walk off with the golden boot.