Alexander Isak

Disco

46 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

"I want to clear this up: Isak is fit to play 90 minutes for another team — but just not to my style of play and what I demand. It was no slight on him — he’s very fit.

Not sure what to make of this quote or what Isak is meant to make of it.

Yesterday proved it really. 

7 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

He got a bit of a second wind for a few minutes before he came off but there was a short spell towards the end of the first half where he was barely moving [emoji38]

Ha aye, end of the first half then first 10 mins or so of the second half (hard to tell exactly when as this was when the clocks freaked out. Anyone else notice that?) his movement got to the point I was worried he was injured. Think when he knew Wilson was being prepared to come on he gave one last push to get through. 

2 hours ago, cubaricho said:

He has no clue either man don’t worry about it. :lol: 

I think you're probably underappreciating just how obsessive I get whenever we're linked with a player :lol: They have a lot of similarities.

1 minute ago, sushimonster85 said:

Ha aye, end of the first half then first 10 mins or so of the second half (hard to tell exactly when as this was when the clocks freaked out. Anyone else notice that?) his movement got to the point I was worried he was injured. Think when he knew Wilson was being prepared to come on he gave one last push to get through. 

Aye I forgot about the clocks going off, everyone panicking in the corner towards the end of the game not knowing how long left and unable to get an accurate time due to lack of phone signal. 

1 minute ago, Danh1 said:

Aye I forgot about the clocks going off, everyone panicking in the corner towards the end of the game not knowing how long left and unable to get an accurate time due to lack of phone signal. 

Ha aye, I was lucky in that I happened to look at my watch just as the second half started, so knew roughly 6:20pm would be 90mins. Was a pain not having easy access to the time left though. 

12 hours ago, Disco said:

A player who I genuinely can’t think of an absolute direct comparison for. Current or recent present. 

I’m trying to think and maybe he’s a bit like a tall Wissam Ben Yedder. Would definitely be good at 5 a side.

2 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I think he's relatively similar to Rashford actually, although maybe better playing centrally than off the left. Also arguably better natural movement off the ball. 

Much more mature movement at ST than Rashford.

The comparison is Titi The Great. What he needs is his Bergkamp. Someone with his ability and wave length. Isak would kill alongside an Odegaard. 

4 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

The comparison is Titi The Great. What he needs is his Bergkamp. Someone with his ability and wave length. Isak would kill alongside an Odegaard. 

Agree about a Bergkamp. But then again, couldn’t everyone do with a Bergkamp ?

53 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

His build is quite unique for the position, he really is slim, when you see him live it’s very noticeable, his legs are tiny 

But his strides are huge.

3 hours ago, Away Toon said:

"I want to clear this up: Isak is fit to play 90 minutes for another team — but just not to my style of play and what I demand. It was no slight on him — he’s very fit.

Not sure what to make of this quote or what Isak is meant to make of it.

I don't think its unreasonable at all. If you look at how we played 2nd half of last season versus how we play this season, it took the squad as a whole months to get fit enough to play Howe's way. Isak's only been here since the summer and missed a decent chunk with injury so not surprised it's taking time to get him up to speed.

42 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

didn’t he play with Odegaard?