Alexander Isak: Nominated for PL POTY & YPOTY

Disco

1 hour ago, Heron said:

Genuine question: what's his goals and assists like?

He has the best assists per minutes played in the side (3 in 800+ mins) although I wouldn’t argue that was amazing or out, it’s not bad.

He passes the eye test though, if he doesn’t do anything in a game he gets hounded in a way no other player does, but I’ve seen him play defence splitting passes and great crosses more frequently than any other attacker. I think it’s only really (and I cannot believe I’m saying this) recent Jacob Murphy who I would trust more than him to put a good ball in. I think he’s better than Trippier in the final 3rd.

17 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

He has the best assists per minutes played in the side (3 in 800+ mins) although I wouldn’t argue that was amazing or out, it’s not bad.

He passes the eye test though, if he doesn’t do anything in a game he gets hounded in a way no other player does, but I’ve seen him play defence splitting passes and great crosses more frequently than any other attacker. I think it’s only really (and I cannot believe I’m saying this) recent Jacob Murphy who I would trust more than him to put a good ball in. I think he’s better than Trippier in the final 3rd.

I won't go into it too much in here but the reason he gets hounded more is cause he literally does nowt else if not creating, that's the difference. Probably more for the ASM thread though.

4 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Going back to Isak does he need a trademark celebration?

Yes, along with some little stars tattooed behind his right ear. Will really bring his game along.

9 hours ago, Cronky said:

One thing that hasn’t been mentioned much is how good his assist was for the Anderson goal that was wrongly chalked off. The ball came to him when he was on the floor in a crowded area. Somehow he created the space under pressure to put in a great cross.

Only a very small handful of players could have done that.

FWIW I thought Willock's cross for Isak's goal was a bit tasty as well, but yeah, Isak's play was unreal.

4 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Going back to Isak does he need a trademark celebration?

Should be the Knee Slide, same as the rest of the team. Love how that's become a thing of this season tbh. 

Just my opinion but far harder to be a top forward than a top defender and that's from someone who played as a defender. To run past someone, score goals, create goals, is much more difficult than positioning yourself well, heading the ball away and tackling for instance. 

8 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

This one takes some beating.

19e9738c-32f2-489a-aca4-461f41cf7fdc(1).thumb.jpg.e2e5a41615babdc1e6a4257fdb65638d.jpg

This was Schar's doing wasn't it? He does the twirly finger thing (whatever it's supposed to mean :lol:) and I think you see him doing it at Tripps as he's b-lining towards the East Stand, who then repeats along with Bruno. 

Edit, it's actually Bruno who does it first, but I'm sure it's Schar's 'thing.'

Rare to see players run to that bit of the East Stand, incidentally. 

21 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Well you can, you just need to break up. 

Or go the other way and have kids.

edit: doesn’t help you get a toon related Lock Screen but you can shift your lass no bother :laugh2:

Edited by BoSelecta