Alexander Isak

Disco

32 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I know my stuff KaKa. I watch a lot of football. Stats will always be used to argue points. And stats are important. 

You say "that one season" though. What about last season when Isak was the best thing since sliced bread but had a worse goal contribution rate per 90 than Anthony Martial? ;)

I never lose. 

Stats are always relative. Especially as he had scored around 20 the season before prior to the change in setup at Sociedad.

Anyway ... Just watching him, especially for Sweden, and his combination of physical gifts and skillset, the uncertainty around him was perplexing.

Ultimately though, we are going to benefit big time, and so I'm definitely not complaining.

Rivers of ejaculant after that finish for goal 2. Made this point a few times before but his speed of thought is matched by his incredible ability with the ball at his feet. He's truly exceptional and instantly ends the 'best since Shearer' debate. He'll probably be the best including Shearer by the time he's done here. 

13 minutes ago, Froggy said:

The key is to just tell the truth Cuba. People don't like it. :lol:

This season should be fun. Everybody is going to be in good form because we're both going to be class. :bluestar:

Hope we get to share a beer this year dude. :thup: 

Might just be high off the good feelings but I genuinely believe this guy is the best footballer we’ve had here, at least in my lifetime. Beardsley and Ben Arfa are the only two footballers that I think come close on a talent level. Ben Arfa was a better dribbler but nowhere near as good a finisher and not near the footballing IQ. Beardsley was an amazing player but his game isn’t as complete as Isak’s is. This lad is ludicrously good 

12 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Might just be high off the good feelings but I genuinely believe this guy is the best footballer we’ve had here, at least in my lifetime. Beardsley and Ben Arfa are the only two footballers that I think come close on a talent level. Ben Arfa was a better dribbler but nowhere near as good a finisher and not near the footballing IQ. Beardsley was an amazing player but his game isn’t as complete as Isak’s is. This lad is ludicrously good 

Absolutely spot on.

Best thing is, he absolutely works his arse off. Was a spot in the first where Almiron was miles out of position for closing someone down and he pegged it back right to fill in when Digne was in oceans.

Just now, Disco said:

Best thing is, he absolutely works his arse off. Was a spot in the first where Almiron was miles out of position for closing someone down and he pegged it back right to fill in when Digne was in oceans.

Proper team player

He can do everything.  That chip finish was world class.  All we need to do is solve the issue where he can disappear for a while.  Most of it is service but when he’s in that mode he does not hold the ball up well.

If one current player is here in 10 years and is a geordie legend I hope its him.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

He's miles better than Robert tbh, and I loved Robert.

Favourite players aren't always the best players though. They're the ones that excite you and get you off your chair every time they're on the ball or, in Robert's case, about to hit a free kick from 40 yards. 

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

I know my stuff KaKa. I watch a lot of football. Stats will always be used to argue points. And stats are important. 

You say "that one season" though. What about last season when Isak was the best thing since sliced bread but had a worse goal contribution rate per 90 than Anthony Martial? ;)

I never lose. 

Did they play Martial on the wing?:geordiesathome: Isak really stopped producing after being moved to the wing..

Edited by Erikse

10 minutes ago, Rod said:

What?

Huh? We're comparing g/a per 90 from last season. Isak stopped scoring after being moved out wide. Martial didn't get moved out wide. Which is a factor.

Edited by Erikse