Alexander Isak

Disco

The rules are obviously fucking stupid and are where anger should be directed if any of this is true. However, IF any of this true and we have got ourselves into a position where we have to sell someone like Isak, it's also fair to question the club I think; these rules haven't come as a sudden shock and we really shouldn't have allowed ourselves to get into a position where the Sky 6 are now able to circle us like vultures. 

Shit rules but also not brilliantly managed, again assuming any of this is true and it's not just media hyperbole. 

3 minutes ago, Andy84 said:

I don’t think even they would at those figures. We would have to come down which I don’t think you can rule out at all 

That nutcase spent a billion on players in about 18 months. He's capable of just about anything.

2 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

It's absolute nonsense blaming the rules if we sold Isak mind, we aren't £100 odd million in the red for ffp and it's worth losing a few points just to keep him anyway .

Aye, at some point you've got to balance out what the player is worth in terms of points. Selling Isak or Gordon would cost the club more points than any deduction, so it's hard to see it happening. 

I'm not going to curse the club if it's failed to comply with the utter bullshit rules which are designed to prevent us from succeeding. 

I don't even want to get into the specifics because they're irrelevant imo, but - in any case - from where I'm sitting it looks like we've been working around the clock to build revenue. Everywhere, too - on the pitch, off the pitch, on the training ground. 

If Newcastle are forced to sell Isak because of PSR I’ll happily walk away from football until it’s fixed. Fuckin ridiculous scenario. I’d rather take a 20 point deduction than sell Isak to Chelsea 

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

All the Isak talk is coming from out journos, it's been shut down at the Chelsea end.

Whether it's us briefing them or they're just trying to generate a but of drama, there's definitely a narrative being spun.

Agreed It's utter rubbish...they've nought else to write about

Alexander_Isak_Celebration.png?fm=webp&f

11 minutes ago, gdm said:

If Newcastle are forced to sell Isak because of PSR I’ll happily walk away from football until it’s fixed. Fuckin ridiculous scenario. I’d rather take a 20 point deduction than sell Isak to Chelsea 

PSR doesn’t ’force’ any club to do anything, regardless of how shite the rules are

I’d be amazed if Isak was sold

6 minutes ago, Ash said:

Sky Bet isn’t owned by Sky. 

Used to be, but it was sold a long time ago. Their connection is purely commercial now, in fact I think that was part of the deal, Sky and Skybet actively stay away from each other for regulation reasons.

17 minutes ago, Ash said:

17 minutes ago, Ash said:

Thy lease the rights to the name as a legacy from Comcast. Similar with a lot of virgin branded products. Sky (Comcast) get paid from the betting revenues.

sky bet are taking bids on where players will be in the future. I think it’s unlikely that sky are driving fake news to boost betting mind, as their deal for naming won’t be performance based. More likely for skys (Comcast) own ad revenue. The Jan window has prob worried a few people across the media. Sky/talksport transfer deadline day both ended up focusing on Hamilton changing cars or whatever.

Edited by FLUMPO235