Wolverhampton Wanderers 1-1 Newcastle United (28/08/2022)

Yorkie

1 minute ago, LiquidAK said:

It’s just the level of hatred for him I can’t understand or get behind. He plays fine and it’s like he’s missed 6 sitters. He scores and gets no credit. It’s bizarre. He’s not good enough for where we’re going, but comparisons to Riviere for example are just embarrassing. He works his arse off and for that alone I’m happy to have him in the squad as a backup or plan B. 

It's crazy and doesn't do us any good. Of course our second choice isn't as good as our first. But the same players had us with the 3rd best form in the second half of last season. Not because they were brilliant but because we got behind them.

With how Joelinton was successful moving into midfield, we could try Wood in defence. With the wonderful defensive positions he naturally takes up in the opponent's box, no striker would have a chance against him. 

Just now, The Butcher said:

Get Anderson on, man. Fucking hell.

Every other team don’t seem to have a problem to let their acedemy players loose and play them  except us - it’s always been our problem.

2 minutes ago, Kanji said:

He shoved Fraser. Then pretends to to be hurt on the ground. 

Aye. It's "soft" for a penalty but its 100% a foul. He just pushed him over when he was trying to get to the ball 

1 minute ago, Joseph said:

What does he do? Doesn't score, doesn't make intelligent runs, doesn't hold the ball up. I actually think it's astonishing how well thought of he is by a big percentage of our support.

He exists as a body, nothing more. 

He presses constantly all game. His hold-up play is fine, half the time the ball comes to him and there's no-one there looking for the 2nd ball. He's not incredible but he plays a more important role in our press than he seems to get credit for.

2 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

It’s just the level of hatred for him I can’t understand or get behind. He plays fine and it’s like he’s missed 6 sitters. He scores and gets no credit. It’s bizarre. He’s not good enough for where we’re going, but comparisons to Riviere for example are just embarrassing. He works his arse off and for that alone I’m happy to have him in the squad as a backup or plan B. 

He doesn’t work his arse off at all. He hides on the pitch, gets pushed off the ball, wins no headers, fails with simple passes. Offers absolutely no out ball. 

Just now, Shearergol said:

He doesn’t work his arse off at all. He hides on the pitch, gets pushed off the ball, wins no headers, fails with simple passes. Offers absolutely no out ball. 

This just isn't true.