Garang Kuol (on loan at FC Volendam)

Johnny

Hearts or Third Division in England would represent a real step up from the utter dirge that is the A-League.  Second tier football more likely an option for next season - we want the lad playing regularly though, not convinced he’s liable to do that in the ‘Championship’.  It’s worth remembering that the lad couldn’t get starts at CCM - he’s best off getting game time and getting used to the much, much quicker tempo of British football. 

5 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Hearts or Third Division in England would represent a real step up from the utter dirge that is the A-League.  Second tier football more likely an option for next season - we want the lad playing regularly though, not convinced he’s liable to do that in the ‘Championship’.  It’s worth remembering that the lad couldn’t get starts at CCM - he’s best off getting game time and getting used to the much, much quicker tempo of British football. 

In the World rankings, League One (28th) is only ranked in the place above the A League (29th).

The SPL is obviously ranked way higher at 17th. The Championship is placed in 11th, and you would say that he’d probably not get any meaningful game time for a Championship club. Considering this though, the Portuguese league is ranked at 7th, and you’d say the top 3/4 teams aside, he’d likely get a decent amount of game time.

13 minutes ago, Stifler said:

In the World rankings, League One (28th) is only ranked in the place above the A League (29th).

The SPL is obviously ranked way higher at 17th. The Championship is placed in 11th, and you would say that he’d probably not get any meaningful game time for a Championship club. Considering this though, the Portuguese league is ranked at 7th, and you’d say the top 3/4 teams aside, he’d likely get a decent amount of game time.

Yep, League One and the SPL would therefore represent a step-up - and the lad was only making subs appearances in the A-league.  Obviously the Portuguese top flight and Championship are comfortably better than what he’s played, but as we’re only talking half a season the best approach (to me) would appear to be to get the lad time and minutes in the third or fourth tier first.  Bristol Rovers - like Anderson - wouldn’t be the worst shout to me. 

Edited by TheBrownBottle

Can't speak for the Scottish league but he doesn't look physically anywhere near ready for the Championship. He's very, very slight.

Hearts makes sense given he's a very young lad in a new country and would have three seasoned pros to take him under his wing, and a chance of playing here and there, even if it's not a lot. He doesn't have to have just one loan move before he's ready for the Premier League. He could spend all of next season in League 1.

Team mates don’t always take to the loan kid who can be perceived as a threat to them so I think he needs to be somewhere competitive but also welcoming and I see Hearts as fitting the bill.

Hearts fan here. Would be a good move for him, not too far away from Newcastle, with 3 Aussie team mates and will play in a far more physically intense league than the championship or the A league. 

Also will play in bigger games than any in the championship, Hearts Vs Hibs, Hearts Vs Celtic and Hearts Vs Rangers. Has a realistic chance of getting to Hampden at least once too. 

A loan till the end of the season would be sensible, perhaps with an option to extend for another 12 months seeing  as it’s a very high chance we’ll have European group stage football. 

P.S having looked through their squad, Hearts would absolutely hammer Middlesbrough. 

Yeah, I think this is probably the best move for him. Repeating al lot of what's already been said, but one of the closest UK cities to Newcastle (a fine one at that), so easier to pop back if/when required. 3 Aussie team mates already there, plus also an ex CMC teammate living in the city at Hibs. They still have to play 19 league matches, almost certainly going to be play Rangers and Celtic twice, and Hibs twice if he features in the cup, and maybe 3 times if Hibs can get their act together and finish in the top 6 (by the time of the 33 game cut off) - that's potentially 6 or 7 significant games with an edge, plus perhaps a generally more relaxed atmosphere in that, realistically, they are not going to finish top 2, and shouldn't really finish below 3rd, or 4th at a push, which could be a nice mix of certain big games, but generally a bit less pressure in the other matches to perhaps allow him to flourish more. Just seen that they might have to play St Mirren 4 times in the league [emoji38]

They are in decent form as well (11 points from 5, only one defeat in 8, to Rangers), so will probably be walking into a positive dressing room and stadium.

Easy to forget that when he returns he'll still just be 18, and if it was extended by a further 12 months and a potential European campaign for him, he'd still be a teenager when he came back.

Edited by Paullow

56 minutes ago, STM said:

Shola is fucking robbing a living.

I severely detest the bloke. I have no idea how he's managed to cling onto that job after absolutely rimming the Ashley era. Wanker. 

5 minutes ago, Menace said:

I severely detest the bloke. I have no idea how he's managed to cling onto that job after absolutely rimming the Ashley era. Wanker. 

I can let go of the Ashley stuff, largely because there was an element of having to "get on with it", but every time he was a pundit talking about us he just seemed thick as fuck.

Like, surely any sane employer would see his lack of intelligence? I'm presuming that Dan Ashworth is largely behind any decision.

2 minutes ago, STM said:

I can let go of the Ashley stuff, largely because there was an element of having to "get on with it", but every time he was a pundit talking about us he just seemed thick as fuck.

Like, surely any sane employer would see his lack of intelligence? I'm presuming that Dan Ashworth is largely behind any decision.

Yeah I’m almost certain Shola is now just some sort of ambassador for the club

Im finding myself disappointed that he’s not going somewhere on the continent for a bit 

Who’s on the coaching team at Hearts? Haven’t had a chance to look it up 

Edited by LV